#101

— changki special —

changkyun rushed to the front door when he heard the doorbell ringing. he didn't even know why was he in such a hurry. it wasn't like he was in the mood to pick up when someone random decided they wanted to search for his parents or something.

and the fact that his parents were away for the day was what made everything even more annoying.

it was raining buckets outside. no normal person would bother searching for someone in the rain. but the fact that someone actually did made changkyun feel like it was something important.

"they're not he--" changkyun tried saying as he opened the front door but he immediately froze on the spot as he saw the person who was standing in front of him. "fuck off, kihyun"

he was about the close the door but the other grabbed him by the wrist, stopping him.

"changkyun, you need to listen to me," he spoke. "no, wait... i need you to listen to me. i bet that you don't even want to deal with me anymore. but i would stay in the rain forever if that's what costs me for you to hear me out. just listen to me... please."

kihyun had definitely walked all the way from the train station to changkyun's house even though the perfectly knew which bus to take. he was completely drenched and the younger probably felt slightly bad watching him like that because he felt a tremble in his heart that was telling him to let kihyun in.

"how much time do you need?" changkyun asked coldly.

"just a little bit more than five minutes..."

the two went in the house. changkyun didn't really want to engage himself into the trouble of lending him from his clothes, so they were just standing in the living room.

silence and awkwardness was surrounding them. both of them weren't looking at each other.

"she stopped meaning anything for me the moment you came back into my life," kihyun finally spoke up, heat spreading into his cheeks.

"then why did you break up with me and not with her?"

"she was going to find out about you, i had to do something," as he realized how stupid he sounded and that his explanation wasn't even logical, kihyun started stumbling on his words. "but i told her about you... and i broke up with her... even though i know that i won't be able to get back with you..."

the first thing he got as a response was just a mocking laugh. "you really won't be able. are you an idiot?"

kihyun just looked up, widening his eyes just a bit.

"why do you think that you can just break up with me, let me almost convince myself that i've gotten over you, for a second time if i must add, and then come back here, explaining yourself to me as if i've ever asked you."

the older bit on his lower lip, looking down at the ground again.

"five minutes passed. go away already." the younger was about to head back to his room, basically telling kihyun to go away a second time, but kihyun was way too stubborn.

stubborn to a point that it annoyed changkyun so much.

as soon as he realized it, kihyun had his arms wrapped around him, his face buried against his back. even though kihyun promised himself he wouldn't intrude changkyun's personal space like that. yet he felt so weak that he didn't even care anymore. he wanted changkyun.

"i'd do everything for you to forgive me," he cried out. "just tell me and i will do it."

"leave."

kihyun slowly let go. "okay," he whispered. "i love you, changkyun," he said before heading to the front door and finally going out.

changkyun grit his teeth. his hand ran down to his pocket, reaching for his phone.

his fingers hovered over the screen, going to his messages with kihyun. his heart sank as he read the lest few texts they (he) had sent.

it took him around five minutes until he finally got himself to text the other again.

--

holy guacamole:
kihyun

yoo ki:
what

holy guacamole:
go to some store and buy wine
and come back

yoo ki:
changkyun you're underage

holy guacamole:
there's no way you could know that
i've never told you

yoo ki:
yeah you haven't

holy guacamole:
ok whatever we'll talk about that later
just go
there's ​really no way for us to get back together
but i really want to forgive you
i just know that i won't be able to do it while i'm sober

yoo ki:
fine
just in case your parents send me to prison because i got their underage son drunk
i want them to know that i did it in the name of forgiveness ok

holy guacamole:
word

--

a smile crept up on kihyun's lips as he started walking to the opposite direction. he decided to be optimistic at least for once and believe that there was future for him and changkyun together.