Chapter 3

~Claire~

~Claire~

"So why didn't you tell us you liked Remus?" I asked as I leaned onto the back legs of my chair.

"Cause I thought you'd be bad that I liked a Marauder," Camellia answered shortly. "Now would you let me do this paper?"

"It's not due till next week." Lily snatched the quill out of Camellia's hand. "You'll be fine!"

The two of us had followed Camellia to the library after breakfast to help a little bit with school work, but mainly just to pester her about Remus. So far we haven't gotten anything but a confession about liking Remus.

"Fine," Camellia sighed, "what do you want?"

"Ask Remus out!"

"Are you daft?!" Camellia scoffed. "Ask him out so that what? I can get rejected? Make a fool out of myself? Be publicly humiliated by all of the Marauders? Yeah I think I'll pass."

"Of course not!" Lily laughed. "This is Remus we're talking about! He already likes you, so what's the problem?"

"The problem is that the only proof of him liking me is your word," Camellia pointed out. "And frankly, I don't really trust that."

"Uh, rude."

Camellia snatched her quill back and continued with her work, ignoring our last comment. We watched for a few minutes as the quill scratched against the parchment in her neat handwriting. But we weren't very patient people so it didn't last long.

"So how long have you liked Remus?" Lily asked, folding her arms on the table.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Since James started to like Lily?"

"First year?! You can't be serious!"

"Of course I'm not Sirius!" Camellia laughed. "That'd make me Claire's boyfriend!"

I groaned at her comment as Lily responded, "Claire will like Black the day that I like Potter."

"So Claire and Sirius are together!"

I let out a dramatic cry as I let my head bang lightly against the table. "I'm never going to date him!"

"You always say that, but I am so positive that you're meant for each other."

I could feel my anger rising as she went on about soulmates and fate. I could see Lily biting her lip anxiously as she noted Camellia's happy smile and my frustrated glare.

"Stop! Cam! I don't like him!" I finally snapped. "I don't like him, and he doesn't like me!"

"What do you mean he doesn't like you?" Camellia snorted.

"He's shagged like half the girls at Hogwarts!" I said exasperatedly. "How could you expect me to like that?"

Camellia opened her mouth to speak, but found no words. Instead she let my words process and nodded reluctantly.

"You're right." She nodded shamefully. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright," I said as the guilt of snapping at her sunk in. "I just wish you'd all drop this idea of Black and I being together."

"I know I just...."

"You just?" I asked, waiting patiently as she found her words.

"He's an attractive bloke, so what don't you like about him?" Camellia finally decided. Lily seemed interested in the question as she too looked at me curiously.

"I agree. He is very attractive," I said, trying to not get angry. "But how can I trust someone who winks at every girl who looks at him and doesn't know how to say no?"

Camellia pursed her lips at my response, not quite sure how to respond.

"You're right, Claire," Lily nodded. "He's a player and you don't have to have anything to do with him."

I nodded in agreement as Camellia rolled her eyes.

"Let's talk about Hogsmeade," Camellia said. "We're going tomorrow, right?"

"Yep," I grinned. "With absolutely no boys!"

Much shorter chapter, but at least it's written better than before

I hope you all enjoyed this, and I would continue speaking but when you're writing multiple notes a day you kinda run out of things to talk about.
So have a fantabulous day!