Chapter 24

•Edited•

~Claire~

Summer went by very slowly.
And it was now August 31st.
The day before I got to go back to Hogwarts.

After my father told me I had to stay away from Sirius, I did the complete opposite and sent a letter to Sirius. Explaining what happened.

He was obviously very upset about it. But that was just how it'd be.
We sent letters to each other everyday, making sure my parents didn't find out about it of course.

My father was currently cooking dinner, and my mother was out working.

I was in my room, sitting on my bed and watching out the window for the owl to come with Sirius's letter.

I watched impatiently as the brown owl fluttered in the sky, very, very slowly.

The owl finally reached my window. And with a big grin, and a little dance to the window, I allowed the owl to come in.

Taking the letter off the owls leg, I opened it, smiling at my boyfriends messy handwriting.

Dear, Dearest Clairesse,

I laughed aloud at this. Wondering what I had gotten myself into.

Only one day left till we see each other again. And I'm so excited!
I feel like it's been years since I've seen your pretty face.
Update me as soon as possible with what's going on with your parents. I hope they're not stressing you out to much.
I've got to go now, James and I are going to pick Remus up.
I love you.

Sincerely, Your Boyfriend,
Sirius Black

I smiled widely at the piece of parchment.

I had been so excited about the letter, I didn't even notice my dad announce dinner was ready. Or hear his footsteps as he walked up to my room.

I only actually noticed him when he opened my door. Catching me smiling at the letter.

"Who's that from?" He asked.

I jumped at his voice, spinning around to see him peering over my shoulder.

"It's no one dad. Just a friend from school," I lied, hoping he'd believe me.
"Is it Lily or Camellia?" He asked, recalling my two best friends that visited almost every summer and holiday.
"Neither," I admitted.

He held his hand out, waiting for me to place the letter in his hand.

"Dad there's really no reason for this," I said nervously.

He arched an eyebrow at me.

Uh oh, I'm in trouble.

"Yes sir," I corrected myself, placing the parchment in his hand shakily.

I watched as his eyes went straight to the bottom, his lips parting as he mumbled the words to himself.
"Your boyfriend, Sirius Black."

He looked up at me, anger evident in his eyes.

"How long have you two been together?" He asked, his voice filled with anger.
"Ten months, sir," I mumbled.
"T-ten months. Claire you've been dating a Death Eater for ten months?!" He exclaimed.
"He's not a Death Eater!!" I yelled.