Chapter 59

•Edited•

~Sirius~

Peter seemed like the best choice.

Nobody would expect it.

I was the obvious choice, so if they found out we used a Fidelius Charm, than they would go for me.

It seemed like the perfect plan.

That was until October 31st.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Claire I really feel like I should check on them. See if the new Secret-Keeper needs help," I stated.

It was weird not telling Claire about Peter. But nobody could know about this.

"Sirius please. It's almost ten. Nobody's going to be up now," Claire groaned.

Ignoring her, I pulled on my black leather jacket.

"Sirius Black! Do not walk out that door!" Claire yelled as I went to open the door.
"I will be back in an hour. I promise," I said, pecking her lips.
"Sirius! I don't feel good about this!" Claire cried, grabbing my hand to keep me from leaving.
"I'm not a child Claire! I know how to protect myself!" I exclaimed.
"I know you do Sirius but that doesn't mean I'm not scared!" Claire yelled.

Our lips met, moving in sync.

"I love you Claire. And I will see you later tonight," I smiled.
"I love you too," Claire grumbled.
"I'll be back," I reassured her.
"You better. Our anniversary is tomorrow, I expect you to be here for it," Claire stated.
"And I will," I said, kissing her one more time.

Walking out of the house, I got on my motorbike.

Godric's Hollow wasn't to far. Of course I only knew to go to Godric's Hollow because Peter had told me. But it was more than shocking when I found half of their house blown off.

My eyes widened, tears welling up in them.

Please be okay. Please be okay.

I pushed the front door open, a sob escaping my lips as my eyes landed on James's body.

His wand was nowhere to be seen. His eyes open, lips parted. Still.

The tears rolled down my cheeks.

A cry echoed around what remained of the house, bringing me back to reality.

Running up the stairs, I followed the cry to Harry's nursery.

There lay Lily, right in front of Harry's crib. And in that crib was Harry. Alive?

"H-Harry?" I spoke, confusion laced in my voice.

Blood tripled from his forehead, where a bright red scar shaped like a lightning bolt lay.

Picking the boy up, I held him closely, childishly sobbing.

"Sirius? Yer shouldn'ta be here," Hagrid's gruff voice stated.

Spinning around, Hagrid stood feet away from me, an umbrella in his hand.

"Hagrid? What do you mean?" I questioned.
"Lemme take 'em," Hagrid spoke, holding his hands out.
"Give Harry to me, Hagrid, I'm his godfather, I'll look after him. Just let me keep him," I sighed, holding him closer.
"Dumbledore' givin' me stric' orders," Hagrid said firmly.

Reluctantly, I handed him over.

"What's Dumbledore going to do?" I asked.
"Nothin' ter worry bou'," Hagrid said.