Chapter 35

•Edited•

~Claire~

Awkward; the only word to describe this past week.

I mean, ever since the New Years party everything has been awkward.

Camellia and I don't talk to Lily. Nor do the guys.
James has been stressed out. He can put anyone in a bad mood by just looking at them.
Remus has also been stressed because of the full moon that had just passed.

And quite honestly, I've been thinking about an awkward relationship I have with my boyfriends brother.

I haven't spoken to Regulus for over a year. I didn't even tell him the reason I stopped talking to him either. I just stopped talking to him when I found out he sold me out to his parents from Sirius.

But the weird thing about it, is that Regulus hasn't tried to talk to me either.

I mean. Putting myself in his shoes. If he stopped talking to me because of something I wasn't aware of, I'd probably be curious as to why he stopped talking to me.
But he's not being very curious.

It just made me so confused.

I mean. Why?

Why not try to find out why?

It was a question I asked myself all the time.

I was so curious, it made me want to ask him.

No matter how many times I told myself he wasn't worth my time. I was always able to come up with a reason as to why I should question him about it.

So I decided I was going to ask him about it.

But the problem was that if Sirius found out, he probably wouldn't be to thrilled.

Meaning I was going to have to be a sneaky girlfriend and somehow sneak out of the castle and meet Regulus somewhere.

Which was easier said than done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was seven in the morning, and I knew for a fact that Regulus was up by now.

No I'm not a stalker. It's just a Saturday, and Regulus once told me he went to the Black Lake to read on Saturday mornings while it was peaceful.

Moving on. I quickly put on a pair of jeans and a sweater. Slipping on my boots over my fluffy white socks.

Feeling pretty energized – not really I just thought I'd give Regulus some time to read since that's what he went out for – I decided I'd actually brush my hair out and make it look decent.

I had already brushed my teeth and did my normal makeup routine. So I was ready to go after that.

I wasn't sneaking out of the dormitory as Lily and Camellia were already up.
They were both in their beds reading books. Not even bothering to look up at me until I went to open the door.

Well. Camellia did. Lily just glanced up at me.

"Where are you going at seven in the morning?" Camellia questioned.
"Just going on a walk," I claimed.
"At seven in the morning?" Camellia repeated.
"Mhmm," I hummed.
"Whatever," She said with a slight eye roll.