Chapter 56

•Edited•

~Claire~

April seemed to pass quickly.

The most exciting thing was Sirius's uncle, who had given us a very generous amount of money.

This was immediately put into a vault at Gringotts of course, but the money did help with my lack of a job. I now considered myself a stay at home mum.

May soon arrived, and Order meetings became more regular. The first one being on the first of May, the second on the fifth of May. We seemed to have meetings twice a week.

Today, just so happened to be one of those days.

Sirius and I had no choice but to bring Scarlett to the Order meeting. We're not crazy however! We asked Molly to watch her.

So we flooed to the Burrow rather than apparated, since Scarlett was with us.

So upon exiting the fireplace, a lot of squeals came from the women of the Order as their eyes landed on Scarlett.

"Merlin's beard! She's so adorable!" Dorcas exclaimed.
"Oh she's so precious!" Arabella cooed.
"I just wanna pinch her chubby cheeks!" Marlene groaned.
"She's so cute!" Alice smiled, her rather large bump framed by her dress.
"What do you say Scarlett?" Sirius asked, the girl in question in his arms.
"Thank you!" Scarlett grinned.

The women continued to fawn as we handed Scarlett over to Molly, who took her over to Fred and George, who were playing with blocks.

The two boys had bright red hair, and freckles littering their tiny faces. They both grinned at Scarlett, who sat right next to Fred.

"Hello!" Scarlett smiled.
"Hi!" The two boys chorused.

Sirius and I smiled at the three, but were soon pulled out of our trance by Albus.

"If you will all take a seat. We have a very important discussion today," Albus said grimly.

With frowns, we all took our seats around the table.

"Now. Before we start, I must ask both Lily and Alice," Albus started, the two women turned to look at him, "when are you both due?"

Lily and Alice exchanged confused looks before answering.
"End of July."

Albus nodded slightly, his frown deepening.

"That's what I was afraid of," He sighed.

Albus paused before starting.
"Sybill Trelawney, has, erm, become aware of a prophecy," Albus struggled with his words. An odd sight for his former students.
"A prophecy?" Mundungus repeated.
"Yes," Albus nodded.

James cleared his throat slightly, sitting up taller in his chair.

"And how does this involve Lily and Alice?" James questioned.
"The prophecy," Albus began, taking a piece of parchment out of his pocket. "The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."

Everyone stayed silent as they processed this.

"Both Lily and Alice fit this prophecy. They've both defied Voldemort three times. They're both due at the end of July. It'll be a matter of who Voldemort goes for," Albus sighed, oblivious to the flinches going around the room at the foul name.
"Defied him three times? How have they defied him?" I questioned.
"Defying him could be anything from escaping him to sending one of his Death Eaters to Azkaban. Unless I am wrong, Frank, Alice, James, and Lily have been apart of imprisoning Death Eaters," Albus explained.
"So what are we going to do?" Frank questioned.
"You will both take precautions. Perhaps one of you will have your child in August. Or one of you will be earlier than the other. Until then all you can do is take precautions," Albus stated.
"So we're just waiting to see who gives birth the latest?" Alice asked.
"The latest in July, yes," Albus nodded.
"And whoever's is the one mentioned in the prophecy will be the only person that can kill Voldemort?" Remus inquired.
"Correct," Albus confirmed.