Chapter 51

•Edited•

~No One~

To Claire, pregnancy was the best thing in the world.

She hadn't had any morning sickness, no back pains, no leg pains, no nothing.

Claire enjoyed pregnancy.

She had a huge bump that she constantly used as a table. She had a husband who was constantly fussing over her and getting anything she asked. Those nine months of pregnancy couldn't have been better.

To Sirius, pregnancy couldn't have been worse for him.

He wasn't the one pregnant, but he was the one who was effected by it.

Sirius called it 'Nine Months of Emotions'.

Because that's what it was, nine phases of emotions, every month a different one.

Month One, Excitement,

"Sirius, what about this one?" Claire questioned as she laid in bed with Sirius, her laptop resting on her lap.
"It looks nice," Sirius replied, looking at the stroller his wife had found.
"Nice?" Claire questioned, not satisfied by his answer.
"Well, I thing we need somewhere on the stroller where we could put diapers, and an extra set of clothes. That doesn't even have a small side pocket for a diaper," Sirius stated.
"You're smart," Claire smiled.
"Why are you already looking at baby stuff anyway?" Sirius questioned.
"I'm just excited," Claire responded happily.

Month Two, Caution,

"Wait! Sirius! Look! That cabinet corner hasn't been covered! The baby could run into that when they're older!" Claire exclaimed to her husband whilst pointing to said cabinet.
"Claire, I've got it. Calm down," Sirius chuckled at his wife, but covered the corner she had pointed to.
"We still need to cover the outlets!" Claire gasped.
"And we've got seven months to do that, but you need to calm down," Sirius sighed.
"Did you move all the cleaning supplies out from under the sink?" Claire questioned.
"Yes love, it's with the laundry detergent in the laundry room," Sirius replied.
"On the shelf?" Claire added.
"The highest one," Sirius reassured.
"Sorry Sirius, I just want to be cautious with this," Claire sighed.

Month Three, Sadness,

"Sirius!" Claire cried, her husband rushing down the stairs to see what was wrong. Finding her with a tub of ice cream and tissues littering the couch she was sat on.
"What's wrong?!" Sirius panicked.
"S-S-She said no!" Claire sobbed as she blew her nose into a tissue.
"What?" Sirius asked, thoroughly confused by his wife's words.
"Rachel! She said no to John!" Claire cried, pointing to the tv screen where a movie was playing.
"Claire you scared me, I thought something was wrong," Sirius sighed, his hand over his chest.
"Something is wrong Sirius!" Claire screeched.
"Alright! Alright. Somethings wrong," Sirius spoke, his wife nodding firmly.

Month Four, Anger,

"I told you to wash towels!" Claire yelled at her husband.
"I did Claire! Right after you told me literally two hours ago!" Sirius called up the stairs.
"Then why aren't they done?!" Claire exclaimed.

Sirius walked up the stairs to find his wife staring at the dryer that said one minute till ready.

"Love, they have one minute left," Sirius sighed.
"Does it look like I care?! They aren't done!" Claire exclaimed.
"They're almost done," Sirius stated.
"And I need to take a shower!" Claire exclaimed, indicating to her lack of clothes.

The dryer stopped and a small tune filled the room that meant it was done.

"And there you go," Sirius laughed, opening the dryer door.
"Why do you think this is funny?!" Claire demanded.
"I don't!" Sirius spoke.
"Then why did you laugh?!" Claire questioned.
"I didn't," Sirius lied.
"Oh don't you lie to me mister!" Claire hollered as Sirius ran down the stairs.
"Sirius!" Claire screeched after she didn't get a response.

Claire grabbed a towel and rag, grumbling to herself as she walked to the shower.

Month Five, Exhaustion,

"Claire, we're here," Sirius declared as he parked the car outside of the restaurant Claire had asked to go to.
"Hmm?" Claire responded, her eyes fluttering open.
"We're here," Sirius repeated.
"C-Can you just get me spaghetti. Don't forget the breadsticks," Claire yawned.
"You don't want to go in?" Sirius questioned.
"Huh? Oh. Uh, yeah, sure," Claire muttered, trying but failing to take her seatbelt off.
"You know what? You stay here, I'll get the food to go," Sirius stated.
"Uh, yeah, sure," Claire responded sleepily.
"Do you want a drink?" Sirius questioned.
A snore escaped Claire's mouth.
"Right, water it is," Sirius sighed.

Month Six, Disgust,

"Merlin's beard Sirius! What is that foul smell?!" Claire groaned as she walked down the stairs.
"You wanted lasagna. Remember?" Sirius replied.
"Yeah. Lasagna. Not whatever that is," Claire spoke, her hand over her mouth as she walked into the kitchen to find Sirius with a perfectly fine lasagna.
"You don't want it then?" Sirius questioned.
"No, I'll eat it. But that smell is awful," Claire sighed.
"Alright then," Sirius nodded, placing a piece on a plate and handing it to Claire.
Claire said nothing, but Sirius definitely saw her when she ate the lasagna with ease, other than her nose that was scrunched up.

Month Seven, Forgetfulness,

"Claire did you tell Olivia and Kaylee they were invited for dinner?" Sirius asked his wife after greeting her when she entered the house.
"Erm, I think?" Claire mumbled.
"I told you last night to ask if they wanted to," Sirius stated.
"Um, did you?" Claire questioned.
"Yeah, Claire," Sirius responded.
"I don't really remember," Claire sighed.
"Well did you at least get milk?" Sirius questioned.
"What?" Claire asked.
"The milk. I told you this morning we didn't have any," Sirius explained.
"I don't remember you saying that?" Claire pondered.
"I definitely did," Sirius sighed.

Month Eight, Confidence,

"Claire, remember, there's nothing to worry about," Sirius told his wife as she prepared to go to work where she would talk to her boss about her supposed promotion.
"I'm fine Sirius. I'm going to walk in there, and when I walk out I'll be a newly promoted woman!" Claire exclaimed.
"But if you don't get it that's fi-" Sirius started, though was cut off by his wife.
"Sirius! I'm going to get it!" Claire laughed.
"Right. You're right. You're going to get it," Sirius sighed.
"I'm going to get it!" Claire stated.
"You're going to get it" Sirius agreed.
"I'm going to get it!" Claire repeated.
"Alright Claire, I get it. Now you need to go and get that promotion," Sirius advised.
"Right," Claire nodded walking out of the house.
"I'm going to get it!" Claire screamed as she stepped closer to her car.

Month Nine, Paranoia,

"Sirius! I think my water just broke!" Claire gasped as they walked down the isle of the grocery store.
"I can assure you your water did not just break," Sirius sighed.
"B-But Sirius I think it did!" Claire stated.

Sirius glances over at his wife to see her patting her jeans down as she searched for any sign of her water breaking.
"Claire! Stop!" Sirius laughed as an older woman walked down the isle, giving Claire an odd look.
"Oh, maybe I was wrong," Claire mumbled.
"Yeah I think so," Sirius laughed.

They continued onto the next isle before Claire gasped again.

"I think that was a contraction!" Claire stated.
"Claire! You still have two weeks before your due date!" Sirius laughed.
"Oh whatever," Claire grumbled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know it's short, and some of you may have wanted to see more of her actual pregnancy, but I just want to write about babies! Also, the story has already reached fifty chapters, which is usually my goal for stories, and I still have to write about three years of their lives. This was pretty much the whole of 1978. Yes, that means the story ends in 1981. Yes, that means what you think it means. Just remember there'll be a sequel, so nothing too terrible happens. Well other than what we know happens. You know what that was a lie. I'm kind of a monster.
But I hope you're all having a great day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~