Chapter 19

•Edited•

~Claire~

"What do you mean 'What have I done'?" I questioned.
"Did Sirius ever tell you anything about his family?" James asked as he begins pacing back and forth.
"Um, no. Why?"

James stops, his eyes brightening, meaning he's got an idea.

"I've got an idea! Ok, tonight at midnight, meet Sirius at the Astronomy Tower!" James said excitedly.
"What? Why?" I questioned.
"So you guys can make up, and you can cheer Sirius up!" James said like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

I stare at him like he's grown three heads, and he just gives me a curious glance.

"You're forgetting one thing, Potter," I stated.
"What?"
"Sirius cheated on me, there's nothing I can do. And even if I could I wouldn't," I added.

James makes a face before realization dawns on him.

"You mean Halloween?" He asked.

I nodded. Feeling my eyes fill with tears at the memory.

"Sirius never cheated on you. Donna used a Polyjuice Potion," James explained simply.

My mind seemed to click as James continued rambling.

Of course.

Donna literally asked me to help her remember the ingredients for Polyjuice that morning.

She must've had the potion brewed and was trying to get a strand of my hair. All the while making sure she had the potion brewed right.

Not bothering to listen to James's plan, I dashed off to the portrait door.

"Claire? Where are you going?!" James called after me.
"The Astronomy Tower!" I called back as I open the door.
"But it's only 10:30!" James stated.
"So?!"

I dash off in the direction of the Astronomy Tower. Climbing the stairs as fast as I could.
When I got up it was already eleven.

I sat down and looked up at the stars.

I was never the greatest at Astronomy, no, I'm absolutely rubbish at Astronomy.

~James~

I watched Claire as she ran out of the portrait door.

Well.

This shouldn't be to hard.

I climbed up the stairs and opened the door to our dorm, opening it to find Remus reading a book and Sirius in the same position I left him.

"Hey Padfoot!" I exclaimed happily.

He looked up at me with confusion.

"Great news on Claire!" I continued.

He perks up at the mention of her name.

"Claire agreed to meet you at the Astronomy Tower. Actually, she should be on her way right now" I finished.

He looks at me with wide eyes, his grey eyes were filled with tears.

"You're joking," Sirius spoke just over a whisper.
"No. She seemed to feel really guilty, and as soon as I mentioned the plan she was off," I stated.

And much like Claire, Sirius abruptly stood up and dashed out the door.

"Bye I guess?"

~Claire~

I fought back the urge to run up and kiss Sirius as he appears at the top of the stairs.

He silently walks over to me and sits next to me, putting a safe distance between us.