Chapter 10

•Edited•

~Sirius~

Thinking about it now, I realize how selfish and idiotic this plan actually is.

I mean, I just got disowned, and it's 10:00pm.

Could this get any worse?

Well, apparently it can.

The wind started to grow stronger, and I felt water fall onto my face.

Great.

The rain picked up and it was now storming.

Making sure no one was watching, I turned into my animagus form and started running to my destination.

Oh, I guess I should tell you what I'm doing.

Well, I'm going to the only person I know will help me.

James Potter.

Problem?

I'm just showing up at his house at midnight and asking to live with him until I graduate and get an apartment.

I shakily knocked on the door after switching back to Sirius rather than Padfoot and waited patiently. Well as patiently as Sirius Black can be.

After a minute or two I heard footsteps, and then the unlocking of locks, before the rattle of a turning doorknob.

James's face appeared and I let out a sigh of relief as it wasn't one of his parents.

"Sirius? What are you doing here?"

I rubbed the back of my neck and looked anywhere but him.
"Well. You see. I kinda got disowned."

He snorted before opening the door wider.

"Well come in, it's cold out there," James stated making me grin widely.
"Thanks, Prongs."
"No problem, Pads."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the summer passed rather quickly. But I didn't mind.

That meant the sooner I got to see the love of my life.

Yes.

I'm talking about Claire.

Her beautiful soft dark brown hair and gorgeous hazel eyes took over my thoughts as I sat in the Marauders compartment on the Hogwarts Express.

How badly I wanted to hear her laugh, see her smile, smell her coconut scented hair, hold her hand, and taste her lips ran through my head as I looked out the window.

My thoughts were cut off though as the door slid open and in came the angel I had been thinking of.

"Hey idiots. I came for Remus. Camellia hasn't shut up about you since she sat down, and Lily and I were hoping you could do something," Her sweet angelic voice spoke.

"Sure," Remus be nodded after giving us all a glance to make sure it was ok.
"But say hi to Lilyflower for me," James stated.
"Sure thing Prongs."

I sighed dreamily as she walked out, but Remus's face got in the way of hers and I was brought out of my thoughts.

"Padfoot are you okay?" Peter squeaked.

I turned to him with a big smile plastered on my face.

"I'm gonna do it this year Wormtail. I'm going to make that girl mine this year," I claimed.
"Amen to that," James sighed, mumbling things about Lily.