Chapter 36

•Edited•

~Sirius~

James; probably the most annoying human being alive when he's upset.

You'd agree with me if you had seen the way he's acted the past two weeks since his break up.
His way of coping is trying to convince Remus and I that Camellia and Claire are cheating on us every chance he gets.

He saw Camellia wave at a sixth year Hufflepuff in the corridor and told Remus she probably had snogged him in the broom cupboard in that very corridor.
He saw Claire talking to a seventh year Ravenclaw and told me she was probably seeing him.
Basically every time he found one of them with a guy he made up a story as to how they were cheating on us.

It's just so unlike him.

I mean, James would never try to get a couple to break up.
It's just something he wouldn't do considering the fact that he spent six years dreaming about dating Lily.

Remus doesn't like it either. But he keeps saying that he's just jealous that our relationships are still going strong, and that he just needs time to get over it.

Even worse, Camellia and Claire don't know about this. I tried to convince Remus to let me tell Claire. But he said there was no point, and it would only upset them. I feel it would upset them more if they didn't know.

So come Saturday – the second Hogsmeade trip since the holidays – Remus and I decided to get James out and go hang out.

Bad idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"C'mon James. Just put on a smile," Remus said, patting James on the back.
"There's nothing to smile about, Remus," James grumbled.
"Of course there is something to smile about! Just look at the snow! You love snow!" Remus exclaimed almost to enthusiastically

James and I both look over at the snow, and this time we both grumbled.

Oh how I hate snow.

"Hey Padfoot. Look over at The Three Broomsticks," James spoke as we got closer to the small pub.

I looked up at the building and clenched my fists.

Claire was walking towards The Three Broomsticks with Jack Dawson. Who I knew was one of the Ravenclaw beaters.

"You reckon they've been seeing each other?" James questioned.
"I reckon they're just hanging out," I said through gritted teeth. Glaring at the back of James's head.

I recalled Claire telling me she was going to Hogsmeade with a friend. But I wasn't aware the friend was a guy.
I trusted Claire though. And if she said he was a friend, then it was a friend.

"Let's go spy on them," James suggested eagerly.
"What?! No!" I panicked.
"James, let's just go somewhere else," Remus tried.
"Oh c'mon Sirius! It's a guy! I bet you didn't even know she was here!" James whined.
"I did know she was here! She told me she was coming with a friend!" I stated.
"Yeah. A friend," James said, rolling his eyes as he looked over at the two.

Jack was holding the door open as Claire entered the pub.

"I've got the cloak, and you know you want to," James spoke, gesturing towards the rare cloak under his coat.
"No James," I replied.

It was silent for a moment before Remus spoke, "It is kind of suspicious."
"Of course it's suspicious! But we're also guys! It's not going to not be suspicious seeing our girlfriend with another guy!" I exclaimed.
"And plus, you've been telling me Claire's cheating on me every time you see her with someone. And you've been wrong every time. What makes this different?" I questioned.
"Fine. If I'm wrong about this, I'll never accuse Claire of cheating again," James offered.
"No Ja-"
"How bad could it be Sirius?" Remus asked.
"You agree with him?!" I exclaimed.
"Of course not. But maybe it'll help him feel better," Remus stated.
"It'll definitely make me feel better," James said, nodding eagerly.
"I'm not doing it," I replied, crossing my arms over my chest.
"If Claire finds out somehow. Then I'll tell her you didn't want to do it," Remus said.

I stared at him for a second before shaking my head at myself.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," I mumbled, allowing James and Remus to drag me into an alley so that we could disappear under the cloak before going down to The Three Broomsticks.
Fitting three seventeen year olds under an invisibility cloak was harder than we had thought. There were multiple times where someone would point out a pair of feet walking around.

Feeling the warmth of the small pub was relaxing. But watching as Jack carried two Butterbeers over to my girlfriend made me grimace.
The pub was unusually empty. Most likely because of the new stock of candy at Honeydukes.
Which I restrained from telling Remus about.

The three of us shuffled over to the booth right next to theirs before pulling the cloak off.

"So Claire. Tell me a bit about your boyfriend," Jack spoke.
"Oh. Um. Well what do you want to know about him?" Claire questioned.
"Anything. What house he's in. What year. His name," Jack suggested.
"You've probably heard of him. But his name's Sirius. Sirius Black," Claire replied.
"Ah. So you're another one Black's girlfriends," Jack spoke.
His comment made me scowl.
"I don't really think of myself as another one of Black's girlfriends. But if that's how you see it," Claire mumbled almost inaudibly.
"Well we've all seen how fast he goes through girlfriends. Did you honestly think you'd get far with him?" Jack laughed.
"Uh. Yeah. I kind of did," Claire spoke with irritation laced in her voice.
"C'mon Claire! You should just dump him. Show him he's not the only one who can break hearts," Jack chuckled.
"And what if I don't want to dump him?" Claire asked.
"Then don't. However. If you want a boyfriend, I'm always here," Jack said in what I assumed was supposed to be a seductive voice.
"Pardon?"
"I'm serious Claire! Break up with him and date me!" Jack exclaimed.
"No actually. You're not Sirius. However my boyfriend is," Claire quipped.

I struggled not to laugh. But James promptly burst out laughing.

James's laughter echoed across the room. Making it impossible to believe that Jack and Claire hadn't noticed it.

Before anything else could happen. James dived under the table to get next to Remus. Pulling him down next to him and throwing the invisibility cloak around the two.

I opened my mouth to protest, but the only voice that filled the air was the voice of my girlfriend, "Sirius?"

I looked up at her. Not failing to notice the frown evident on her face.

"Claire-"
"I think I'll just go," Jack spoke.
"Good idea," Claire and I both said at the same time.

Jack quickly grabbed his coat, rushing out of the pub.

"Claire I-"
"Were you spying on me?"
"I didn't want to!"
"What do you mean 'You didn't want to'?!"
"James and Remus made me!"
"Oh really? And where are James and Remus?!"
"I-I don't know! They left with the invisibility cloak after they realized you heard James laughing!"

Claire pursed her lips. Making me come to the conclusion she realized something.

"That was James laughing wasn't it," Claire mumbled.
"I was going to-"
"Please Sirius. I get it. I'm just upset you didn't trust me," Claire huffed.
"Claire please! I do trust you!" I exclaimed frantically. Worried about what may come of this.
"Sirius relax. We're fine. I-I just need to think. We'll talk tomorrow," Claire mumbled before turning on her heel and walking out of the pub.

Great.

This is what I get for believing Remus would back me up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Sorry!
I know I said I would update more often but I've been super busy!
There will be one more update this week. Though for those of you who are reading this the day it was published.
Halloween is today. Which most of you know is the day the Potters' died, and Voldemort met his downfall. Sirius's birthday is also this Friday. So there will be an update Friday.
Again, I'm sorry for the lack of updates! I really am trying!
Anyway, I hope you're having a great day, and have a great day tomorrow as well!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~