Chapter 28

•Edited•

~Claire~

The day went by fairly quick.
After an hour or so of talking with the guys. Lily came. Claiming she was wondering where Camellia and I went.

So Lily joined us, and we talked for awhile before heading down to breakfast.

That was normal. As were our classes. But once classes were over, we went to dinner. And then it was interesting.

"Wait a minute. Where's Peter?" Lily asked, looking up and down the Gryffindor table.
"Oh, he had to go home to visit his mom. Apparently she's sick," James answered, a frown evident on his face.
"Horrible time to be sick too. With all the Death Eater attacks lately," Camellia stated.
"Especially with the latest," Remus added.
"The latest?" I asked, not having the chance to read the Daily Prophet this morning.
"There was a big attack last night. Death Eaters attacked a whole neighborhood. Killed 23 muggles and a muggleborn wizard," Sirius explained.

I frowned at this information.

Voldemort was growing more and more powerful as the days passed, and it was definitely scary.

I sighed, and looking at the watch on Sirius's wrist, right next to the leather bracelet with the dog paw I gave him. Realizing it was already 6:45, meaning I needed to get ready for Sirius and I's date.

"I've got to go," I claimed, standing up and pulling my legs over the bench.
"Where are you going?" Camellia asked, looking up at me.
"I've got to get ready for the date Sirius owes me," I stated.
"Yes! C'mon Lily, we've got to help her!" Camellia stated, grabbing Lily's hand and pulling her up. Then grabbing my hand, she dragged us out of the Great Hall.

Camellia and Lily sat me down on my bed and started working.

"Girls. You know I could just wear leggings and a sweatshirt?" I asked as they started digging through my trunk for clothes.
"Nonsense! You are going to look fabulous!" Lily claimed.
"Now. Do you know where you're going?" Camellia asked, holding up a purple blouse and then throwing it behind her.
"Um. No? But I know it's going to be cold," I said, watching Lily with wide eyes as she pulled a curling iron out of the cabinet in our bathroom.

Because Hogwarts had no electricity, the curling iron was cordless. Courtesy of Camellia, who had charmed it long ago.

"Um, what are you doing with that?" I questioned.
"I'm curling your hair," Lily answered, rolling her eyes.
"I'VE GOT IT!" Camellia exclaimed, holding up a white shirt, a leather jacket and dark skinny jeans.
"I really hope you don't expect me to wear that," I stated, my eyes widening.
"Of course we expect you to wear this," Camellia laughed, throwing the outfit on the bed.

After a lot of begging, the girls finally convinced me to try it on.

And I will admit.

I kind of liked it.

"Merlin, Claire. You look good in leather jackets," Lily stated and
Camellia nodded in agreement.

I really couldn't deny it.

"I mean. Yeah. I guess I do," I agreed.

As a response, Lily pulled me back over to the bed and started curling my hair.

Camellia started on my makeup, and soon they were placing me in front of the mirror.

"Merlins beard! Red lipstick! Seriously?!" I exclaimed, mentally laughing at the word 'Seriously' and realizing just how insane I am.
"You're wearing black and white! We needed a pop of color! And speaking of which, look at these shoes!" Camellia exclaimed, shoving red heels in my face.
"No! No! And no!"
"Yes!"