Chapter 37

•Edited•

~Claire~

Walking back to Hogwarts was frustrating, as a group of girls was right in front of me talking about none other than my boyfriend.

"Sirius told me he loved me last week," One girl giggled.
"What? He told me he loved me last month!" Another exclaimed.
"Well he told me he loved me yesterday!" A third screeched.

'Well he's been telling me he loves me everyday for the past year' I thought to myself.

I rolled my eyes at the girls and pushed past them. Determined to get back to the castle.

"Hey! You! You're the one Sirius has been cheating on! Aren't you?!" The first girl questioned.

I ignored the girl, walking as fast as I could in heeled boots.

"Um, hello! She was talking to you!"  The third girl said.

I turned around to glare at them.

"It sounds like he's cheated on all three of you," I spoke.

This wasn't an unusual thing.

I've overheard plenty of girls claim that they've had a relationship with Sirius. But I know Sirius wouldn't do that. What really bothers me is that Sirius hasn't done anything about it.

Without letting the girls respond, I turned on my heel and started walking towards the castle again.

I could hear the girls protesting as I walked away, but I chose to ignore it. I was determined to get back to the common room so that I could talk to Camellia.

I marched all the way up the stairs to the Gryffindor common room and to the girls dormitory. Thankfully Lily was in the library, so I only opened the door to find Camellia.

"Claire? I thought you were going to Hogsmeade with Jack," Camellia stated as she looked up at me.
"I was. But that didn't go so well," I grumbled, sitting down next to where Camellia lay in her bed.
"How so?" Camellia questioned.
"Sirius was spying on us, and Jack was just trying to get me to date him," I explained, spotting a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans on her nightstand.
"I had a feeling Jack wasn't very trustworthy. But Sirius? I didn't expect him to spy on you," Camelllia admitted.
"Yeah, but I think James and Remus were with him," I said, but after catching Camellia's questioning glance I added, "I heard James laughing at a joke I made, but when I checked I only found Sirius."
"But how do you know Remus was there?" Camellia asked.

I tossed what I thought to be a chocolate flavored bean into my mouth as I pondered the question. But I couldn't help but scrunch my face up at the horrible taste of earthworm.

I forced myself to swallow the bean, and placed the rest on the nightstand. Deciding I'd rather not risk it again.

"Well, I don't actually know that Remus was there. But Sirius said he was," I answered after a while of thinking.
"And you trust him?" Camellia asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Kind of? I mean. I did. But I guess he doesn't trust me," I spoke.
"I think you should talk to him," Camellia advised.

I nodded in agreement.
"Yeah, I told him we could talk tomorrow."
"That's good. Do you want me to come with you?" Camellia asked.
"What?" I questioned.
"Well, you mentioned how you thought James and Remus were there. So they obviously need to be there when you talk. So I thought maybe I could be there to help settle things," Camellia explained, bringing her knees up to her chest.

I grinned at her as she smiled sheepishly at me.

"You're not telling me something," I stated, arching an eyebrow at her.
"Pfft! What?! No! I just. I kind of want to see if Remus will be honest," Camellia said, the last sentence barely audible.
"Remus hasn't been honest?" I asked, looking over at the blushing blonde.
"Well. I may have mentioned something to Remus. And he immediately started blushing and made up this horrible excuse-"
"What was the excuse," I cut her off with a grin.
"I don't want to tell you," Camellia scoffed.
"Oh c'mon Cam!" I moaned.
"Ugh. He said he had to go help Sirius feed his cat," Camellia mumbled.