Chapter 53

•Edited•

~Claire~

"Thank you so much Mum! You have no idea how important this meeting is, and you are a lifesaver for watching Scarlett!" I exclaimed as Mum bounced my seven month old daughter.

Mum laughed, Scarlett squealing.

The first time she had squealed was at five months, when Sirius had tried to get her to stop crying by turning into Padfoot.
She had immediately stopped crying and squealed excitedly, which resulted in me crying, Sirius joining when he was in human form.

"We should be back in a few hours. Everything she needs is in the bag. Oh! If she tries to say anything, please film it! I know she is so close and Sirius still thinks she'll say daddy first," I added quickly, sending a glare at Sirius.
"She will," Sirius said under his breath.
"I've got it! You two need to get to this oh so important meeting you have!" Mum laughed, Scarlett still squealing.

"Bye my little princess," I said, waving at Scarlett.

She only continued to squeal.

"Bye Scar," Sirius said, waving like I did.

Scarlett squealed louder, waving her two tiny hands at us.

"Daddy!" Scarlett squealed.
"Ha! She loves me!" Sirius laughed, a tear falling from his face as he opened the door for me.
"Oh whatever," I grumbled, though I couldn't help the pride I felt for my daughter.

We apparated to just outside of the Burrow, instantly being greeted by Molly.

"C'mon! The rest are just getting here!" Molly smiled.

Following Molly inside, I found that there was only a few people missing.

Dorcas, Caradoc, Edgar, and Sturgis.

"Claire, Sirius," Dumbledore greeted.
"Albus," I laughed, taking a seat next to Lily, Sirius right beside me.

The rest soon joined, and Albus waisted no time, immediately starting the meeting.

"We have a slight problem, with the people in the Order. Some of you are working greatly. Some of you aren't so much," Albus started, glancing around the room and stopping at a few people when he spoke.
"More than a few of you are putting all of your time into this, and that is greatly appreciated. Some of you work on this in all of your free time, also appreciated. But there is one person here that has only come to a few meetings, and only works on this when absolutely necessary. Clairesse, I appreciate your effort, but I expect more," Albus finished.

Blood rushed to my face as I blushed furiously. Sirius also turned red in the face, but more so out of anger.

"Did you seriously just tell her that?" Sirius growled.
"Sirius I understand that she's trying, and that she has a lot on her table, but nothing can be more important than this," Albus spoke calmly.
"Nothing?! You mean to tell me that our seven month old daughter is not more important than this club you started?!" Sirius questioned.

A few gasps sounded around the room, some not aware I was pregnant because of how absent I've been.

"I'm aware that you've had a child, but my statement still stands," Albus sighed.
"Are you kidding me?! Molly! Would you put a meeting like this before your children?!" Sirius questioned.
"No," Molly spoke firmly, glaring at Albus who still remained calm.
"A parent puts their child, and only their child first," Arthur joined.
"You can all start yelling at me, but I will stand by my statement. Everyone else can find ways around there problems but you Clairesse," Albus said.
"Oh! So my daughter's a problem now?!" I inquired.
"In this situation, yes," Albus nodded.
"Well! I'll be leaving then! Because I have to take care of my problem!"
I stated, standing up and going to walk out the door.