Chapter 9

•Edited•

~Claire~

I grabbed my trunk and made my way down the isle of the train.

I was about to join the line of students waiting to get off the train when a hand grabbed my arm and gently pulled me back.

I let out a squeak as I was turned around, coming face to face with Sirius Black.

"Black what the heck are you doing?" I questioned.
"Saying goodbye," Sirius replied.

I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh.
"And why couldn't you do that when we get off the train?"

"Because my family is waiting, so I'm going straight to them. I already said bye to Camellia, James, Remus and Peter. You were the last on my list," Sirius explained.

"Oh. Well, goodbye Black."
"Bye Bennet."

I awkwardly gave him a hug before getting off the train and running over to the girls.

"Bye Lily, Camellia. Have a good summer!" I said.
"Bye Claire! You too!"

After a long group hug I ran over to my parents.
"Hey mum, dad."

"Hello Claire! Are you ready to go?" My mum asked with a smile.

I nodded, and we began walking when I heard a shout.

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK THE THIRD! YOU GET AWAY FROM THAT MUDBLOOD THIS INSTANT!"

The voice of Sirius Black replied with something that really confused me. More so than Mrs. Black saying that foul word.
"ONE SECOND MOTHER! JUST SAYING GOODBYE TO MY MUGGLEBORN FRIEND OVER HERE!"

Since when were Blacks blood prejudiced?

~Sirius~

I was walking off the train when I realized I forgot to say goodbye to Lily.

I ran up to her and gave her a quick hug.

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK THE THIRD! YOU GET AWAY FROM THAT MUDBLOOD THIS INSTANT!" My mothers scream echoed.
"ONE SECOND MOTHER! JUST SAYONG GOODBYE TO MY MUGGLEBORN FRIEND OVER HERE!" I screamed back.

I turned back to Lily and gave her an apologetic smile.
"Sorry Lily. Have a good summer."

I ran over to my mother, Walburga Black.

"Sorry mother. I almost forgot her after all my other friends I had to say goodbye to," I said with a fake apology.

I hated my mother. I hated my whole family!

In fact, I only consider the Marauders and the girls real family.

"I do not want you associating with mudbloods like her, and you better keep you're mouth shut this summer or you might as well consider yourself disowned," Mother warned.

I shrugged and reluctantly allowed her to take my hand as we apparated to 12 Grimmauld Place.

I went straight up to my room, collapsing on my bed and smiling up at my walls as my parents still haven't managed to unstick the posters of motorbikes and muggle models, along with Gryffindor banners.

I mainly put them up there to annoy my parents, but I honestly really wanted a motorbike. The Gryffindor banners were for house pride. And the muggle models were purely just to annoy them.

I eventually fell asleep hoping this summer I would finally manage to get disowned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time Skip To 2 Months Later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was currently sitting at the dining room table listening to my family talk.

The whole Black family was here. And I was having a horrible time sitting in between Narcissa and Regulus.

"So Walburga. How's Regulus and Sirius doing in school? I do hope Sirius is using this opportunity to turn Gryffindor bad. It'd definitely help the dark lord," My aunt, Druella, asked.

I rolled my eyes as my mother responded.
"Regulus is great. He's already planned on getting the dark mark in his 6th year."

I could see Regulus stiffen as she spoke, and he turned pale when I looked over at him with wide eyes.

I may hate my family, but Regulus is my little brother, and I can't help but care for him.

"What about you Sirius?" She asked.

"Oh it's going great! I've got plenty of friends, pureblood, halfblood, and muggleborn!" I grinned.

The whole room went silent as my parents turned red.

"Sirius. We've talked about this," My father, Orion Black, said with gritted teeth.
"I believe we have father. But I'm afraid I really don't care what you think of my friends," I quipped.

My mother broke the silence by 'calmly' saying,
"Sirius, Bellatrix informed me that you've been hanging out with a certain halfblood girl. Is this true?"

"Mother, I have plenty of halfblood friends. There's Jasmine, Audrey, Katherine, Julia, Heather-"

"I meant Clairesse, Sirius," She stated, her voice growing firmer by the minute.

I could see Regulus go pale again out of the corner of my eye.

"I don't know a Clairesse," I lied.

I can deal with my mother talking about James being a blood traitor, and Lily being muggleborn, as much as I hate it. But I will not allow her to talk badly about Claire.

"He's lying Aunt Walburga. I heard he fancied her," Narcissa added.

Mother turned to Regulus as if asking if it was true.

"I heard they went on a date the last day of school," Regulus said, answering my mothers question.

My eyes widened as I looked at him with disbelief.

I knew that Claire and Regulus hung out, and I was fine with it. But now he's selling her out behind her back!

"Sirius. You are not to date anyone who's not a pureblood," She said firmly. Her eyes fixated on me, not blinking once.
"You can't tell me what to do. Especially who I date," I replied just as firmly.

Everyone but mother, no, Walburga and I gasped.

"I can tell you to do whatever I want when you're in this house," She stated, her voice firmer than I've ever heard it.

"Well, then I guess I'll just have to get out of this house then," I said, making everyone's jaw drop as I stood from the table.

I walked over to the front door and twisted the knob.

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK THE THIRD! IF YOU TAKE ONE STEP OUT OF THIS HOUSE YOU ARE DISOWNED!" She screamed.

My face lit up and a giant smirk played at my face.

"Really?! Oh, freedom here I come!" I exclaimed as I jumped out of the house, slamming the door behind me.

I was met with the cold breeze as I took a step forward.

This is it.

I am no longer apart of that family.

You may think I'm crazy, but I have a plan.

A plan that I'm realizing is really selfish now that I think about it.

Oh well. There's no turning back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~