Chapter 34

•Edited•

~Claire~

Today was New Years Eve. Which meant that the Potters would be throwing a party.
It wasn't going to be a big party like they usually are – not that I've ever been to one – but Sirius said it was going to be a lot smaller than last years.

It was just going to be the the Longbottoms, the Mckinnons, the Weasleys, and the Prewetts. Or at least the rest of the Prewetts.

I was currently helping everyone prepare for the party.

Euphemia, Lily and Camellia were cooking.
Fleamont and Remus were hanging streamers.
James and Peter were setting up the table.
And Sirius and I were in charge of taking the Christmas tree down.

Which I must say, was not going so well.

"Why can't we just float the tree down to the basement?" Sirius questioned as I carefully wrapped the 37th ornament.
"Because there's a good chance one of the ornaments will fall and break. And because that's being lazy. I don't want Euphemia or Fleamont thinking of me as lazy," I explained, wrapping an ornament of baby James.
"They won't think you're lazy. And an ornament won't fall," He claimed.

Sirius lifted the tree an inch off the ground with a flick of his wand. Causing a plastic ornament to slide off one of the branches. Landing on the ground with a thud.

I glared at Sirius. Carefully placing the tree back on the ground with my wand.

Sirius stopped complaining after that. And after half an hour of wrapping the ornaments and placing them in boxes, we carried the tree down to the basement.

The food was ready around 5:00, and the first of the guests arrived around 5:30.

Camellia, Lily and I greeted Mr. and Mrs. Prewett with hugs. We had met before. Obviously. They were Camellia's parents.
And after talking to them for awhile, I decided to look for my favorite twins.

I grinned as I caught sight of Gideon and Fabian.

Gideon and Fabian are twin brothers – also Camellia's older brothers – and would've been Hogwarts's biggest pranksters if not for the Marauders.

"Hey Clairesse!" Fabian and Gideon said in sync.
"That's Claire to you," I scowled.
"But why call you Claire if your name's Clairesse?" Fabian questioned.
"Goodness Clairesse. You're so silly," Gideon sighed, walking towards the food with Fabian.

I shook by head as I watched them walk away.

Soon Molly arrived with her husband Arthur. A small baby in her arms.

"Hi Molly, Arthur. How's Bill, Charlie, and Percy?" I asked, smiling at the small bundle in her arms
"They're good. We've currently got Arthur's friend from the Ministry watching them. Well except Percy," Molly said with a large smile.
"And how is Percy?" I questioned, nodding towards the baby she currently held.
"He's been very quiet. Though I'm not complaining," Molly stated.
Arthur wrapped his arm around her waist, kissing her temple.

"That's great," I smiled.

Sirius soon came and joined our conversation, and soon we were talking about what Sirius and I were going to do.

"What about you two? Got any plans for the future?" Arthur questioned, glancing at Sirius.
"Oh yes. We're going to get married and have a whole Quidditch team of kids. And they'll all be in Gryffindor," Sirius explained with a grin.
I shrugged at Sirius's answer. I was fine with having seven kids.