Chapter 4

~Sirius~

~Sirius~

I grumbled to myself as James and Remus dragged me along to the Great Hall. After a long night of planning out a new way to ask out Claire, I hardly got any sleep and refused to get out of bed this morning. Which resulted in me being painfully dragged down the stairs...

"No offense," James winced, "but you're not exactly light, Padfoot."

"Quit your whining," I huffed. "Only about a hundred more feet."

That didn't work too well as Remus and James both let go, causing me to hit my head on the ground.

"Bloody hell!" I cried, rubbing my head while they both laughed their arses off.

After five minutes of procrastinating, we all got up and continued our walk to breakfast. But we got about five steps down when a group of girls rounded the corner behind us. As they were passing by we caught a bit of their conversation.

"So guess who asked me out yesterday?" One of the girls squealed. "Jackson!"

"Well guess what Shelby was doing last night?" Another one said, nudging Shelby's shoulder. "Shagging Sirius Black!"

The other girls all squealed but I stopped paying attention when all three of the guys turned to look at me accusingly.

"So you shagged Shelby, huh?" James asked, a motherly scolding just itching to come out. "I thought you were trying to prove yourself to Claire."

"I am trying to! I don't know what they're talking about!" I defended myself, just as surprised at the girls' words.

"So you're telling us that they just made that up?" Remus gave me a pointed look. "Shelby's just telling people she shagged you for the hell of it?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "You three already know I was working on that plan for Claire last night anyways!"

"He's right," Peter nodded. "I couldn't get him to turn the bloody light off."

~Claire~

~Claire~

Lily and I exchanged knowing looks as Camellia continued with her story.

"So the guy is so worried that he'll hurt the love of his life that he just ends it!" Camellia said, slamming her hands on the table for dramatic effect. "But the girl couldn't handle that so she—"

Camellia's story was cut off as a girl plopped down beside her. Lily and I had to hold in our laughter as Camellia let out a groan. The girl sitting next to Camellia happened to be Shelby, Camellia's least favorite person.

Camellia looked like she'd rather be sitting on Snape's lap right now.

"Haylee! Has Shelby told you what she was doing last night?" Another girl we knew as Gabriella asked.

Lily, Camellia, and I rolled our eyes together as Haylee shook her head rapidly.

"She was shagging Sirius Black," Gabriella said in what we thought was supposed to be a whisper.

I groaned to Lily and Camellia as the girls went on to talk about Shelby's time with Black. I faked a gag that made the two burst into a fit of giggles.

Really I didn't have to fake the gag. It was disgusting how Black was just using girls like this. He was dating Jessica Hayes just yesterday afternoon....

But other than the disgust I felt, I was also feeling angry. Angry that all of these girls were just falling for his good looks and not ever seeing how much of a prat he really is.

I mean personally every time he looks at me I can't help but feel weird in my stomach. A feeling I haven't yet been able to place, but I'm thinking it's just frustration.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as Lily tapped my shoulder.

"Oh, uh, what were you saying?"

"I asked if you've seen Camellia's flower?" Lily repeated. "Y'know, one of the ones Remus gave her."

"Uh, not since they were all over her bed," I said, shrugging slightly. "Why?"

Camellia handed over one of the camellias she was carrying around and instructed me to twirl it. Confused, I did as she said and twirled the flower in between my finger tips.

Immediately the world around me went dark and all I could see was my mother's face. Her beautiful dark eyes and chocolate brown hair that I inherited. Her sweet laugh echoed in my head as I smiled lightly at her.

She was my favorite person in the whole world. She might've been a muggle, but she was more magical than any witch I know. While my father read me stories from The Tales of Beedle the Bard, my mother would tell me stories about brave princes saving their true loves from things like an evil octopus and the evil queen. One of my favorites was one about a princess being trapped in a tower with an old lady that claimed to be her mother, but was really just keeping her from her true, royal family.

The best part was how she always gave them a happy ending. My mother would always tell me that one day I'd find my knight in shining armor.

My mother faded and brighter than ever were my two best friends. Lily and Camellia have been there for me through thick and thin. When I went through a phase of dark makeup and rock music, and when I was lovesick over a boy two years older than me. He turned out to be a huge arse but Lily and Camellia were there for me with tissues and ice cream when we broke up.

But then the weirdest thing happened. When they faded, I was met by a pair of grey eyes. Ones so familiar I thought it was gonna drive me crazy if I couldn't place them.

But then I felt the flower snatched out of my hand and the grey eyes disappeared abruptly as the room filled with light and color again. I had to blink a few times to get used to it, but once I had adjusted I found Camellia's curious face staring at me.

"Usually it's easy to snap out of it, but you looked like you were in a trance," Camellia said. "What did you see?"

"Um, just you two and my Mum." I shrugged, choosing not to mention the pair of eyes.

Lily and Camellia looked at each other doubtfully but shrugged it off.

"If you say so."