Chapter 38

•Edited•

~Sirius~

Remus, Peter, James and I sat in our dormitory late at night in the middle of February.
James was there to stay the night, as he usually did whenever he wasn't in the heads' dorm.

It's been a month since Claire and I settled our disagreement, if you will. And a month since James and Lily got back together.
Yep.
Two hours after Lily asked to talk to James, they came back with grins on their faces, and holding each others hands.

Other than Lily and James, nothing much has changed.

Well, minus the fact that we're one month closer to graduating than we used to be.

"So are you two going to propose anytime soon?" James questioned, Peter nodding in agreement.
"Camellia mentioned marriage. But I don't know if I'm ready. I mean, what if I hurt her?" Remus exclaimed, all three of us groaning in response.
"Remus we've had this conversation," Peter moaned.
"Bu-"
"No buts Remus!" I stated.
"And what about you Sirius? Why is it you're so confident about this conversation?" Remus questioned, a smug smirk on his face that told me he didn't think I was ready either.

I sighed dramatically, a smirk of my own appearing on my face.
"Suppose I should tell you," I spoke, reaching into my nightstand and pulling out the small velvet box that practically held my future, and tossed it over to Remus.

The guys all rolled their eyes, most likely thinking it was a prank. But then Remus opened the box and they all stared wide eyed at the engagement ring.

"W-What? That's real?" James struggled to ask.
"No. I just thought I'd propose with a ring I found on the sidewalk," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes at him.
"Oh stop being dramatic!" James groaned, "I'm impressed Sirius. I admittedly didn't think you could do it."

I rolled my eyes once more.
"Oh thanks James."

Remus tossed the ring to James, who stared in awe.

A knock at the door caused all of our eyes to widen. But our eyes all widened even more as Peter responded, "Come in!"

Lily walked into the room. Looking around until her eyes fell on James, and then moved to the ring.
"I'm going to assume that's not yours," Lily breathed shakily.

"Nope. It's mine," I responded, grabbing the box from James and snapping it shut. Safely putting it back into the nightstand.

Lily gasped slightly before squealing.

"Merlin's beard!" She exclaimed, jumping up and down as she continued to squeal.
"What did I miss?" Camellia questioned as she walked through the door.
"Sirius is going to propose to Claire!" Lily squealed.
"What?! Really?!" Camellia gasped, looking at me as I confirmed with a nod and a sheepish grin.

Camellia and Lily both took deep breaths before screaming as they jumped up and down.

The sound of hurried footsteps came from outside the door, and soon Claire appeared in the doorway.

"What I miss?!" Claire questioned.
"Sirius is goi-" Peter started before James, Remus, Camellia, Lily and I ran forward to cover his mouth.

The six of us fell to the ground. Claire giggling as she watched.

"Okay," Claire laughed, walking over and plopping herself down on my bed.

"Oh!" Peter exclaimed. Laughing nervously as he looked around at all of us, "I get it now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next two months I made it my goal to spend as much time as I could with Claire.