Chapter 22

•Edited•

~Claire~

Camellia, Lily and I are sitting in the Gryffindor Quidditch stands with Remus and Peter, waiting to see James and Sirius.

Today – which being late May – is Gryffindor versus Slytherin. The last Quidditch match of the year. Also the game that determines which house wins the Quidditch Cup.

I came because I like watching Quidditch and wanted to see my boyfriend. But everyone else just came to support.
Lily being the exception, came because Camellia and I made her.

"Why am I even here?!" Lily complained as I snatched her book out of her hands.

"Because this is your house team!
You should support it," Camellia stated.

Lily just huffed and crossed her arms as she looked ahead, waiting to see something.

It was a nice day, the sun was out, there weren't many clouds, and the birds were chirping.

And no rain.

I wasn't huge on hot weather. I liked Fall and Spring.
They weren't to hot, and they weren't to cold, and there's a good amount of rain in both of them.

I was interrupted from my thoughts though as the commentator, Luke Jordan, announced the teams as they flew onto the field.

I was only really watching James and Sirius. James is a Chaser, and Sirius is a Beater.

We all watched in anticipation as Madam Hooch threw the Quaffle up in the air, and the game began.

"Potter catches the Quaffle, and he's off!"

The Chasers flew around, fighting over the Quaffle.
The Beaters smacked the Bludgers across the field.
The Keepers blocked the Quaffle.
But only one Seeker caught the Snitch.

"He's caught the Snitch! Gryffindor wins!"

But that wasn't the best part. The best part was the reaction it got.

All of the Gryffindors cheered obviously. But one Gryffindor cheered a hundred times louder.

Lily Evans.

"YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!! WE WON! WE WON! WE WON!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lily continued chanting all the way to the Gryffindor common room, where a party began.

Even as the music blasted, Lily's voice could still be heard.
"We won! We won! We won! Claire we won! Camellia we won!"

She only stopped when another voice came.

"We did indeed Evans."

Lily froze. Her face heated up, and her eyes narrowed.

"What do you want Potter?" Lily asked, not bothering to face the boy behind her.
"I just wanted to talk to you," James said. Everyone but Lily knew that James would kill if it meant he could have just one normal conversation with Lily.
"What do you really want?" Lily asked annoyingly.

Camellia and I just stood back, trying not to intrude.
But seriously, this was love in the making!
How could we not just listen?!

"I mean, I want you to go on a date with me, but talking is really what I wanted to do," James stated honestly.
"Just, leave me alone, Potter," Lily exclaimed, walking over to the punch table that was undoubtedly spiked with Firewhiskey.