Chapter 23

•Edited•

~Claire~

"C'mon. We can get a compartment by the guys," Camellia stated as we walked down the Hogwarts Express.

Sixth year was over, and we were going home for the summer.

Lily huffed at the mention of the Marauders, but we had already dragged her to the one next to them.

You could hear the boys laughing through the wall, but it was kind of peaceful. Well at least for Camellia and I. We were both relaxed by the sound of our boyfriend's laugh.

"I don't know why you want to be here next to them. They act like children," Lily stated.
"Oi! Two of those children are our boyfriends!" I quipped.
"Yea I know. I'm still shocked you two are dating Marauders," Lily mumbled, but Camellia and I both heard.
"What's wrong with dating a Marauder?" Camellia asked, annoyance etched in her tone.

Lily rolled her eyes at the question.

"What's wrong with dating a Marauder?" Lily repeated. "I'll tell you what's wrong. They're annoying, egotistical, ignorant, and only care about themselves!"

Now this had crossed the line.

The Marauders may have first appeared as all of those things.
But I have never seen a group of people care so much about their friends.

"They may be annoying. But those boys have a bond like no other. And it's not our fault you don't see that," Camellia stated before getting up and walking out of the compartment, slamming the compartment door behind her.

Lily stared at where Camellia stood before in disbelief. Then turned to me with just as much disbelief.

"I'm sorry Lily, but that crossed the line. Camellia and I love those boys and you should respect that whether you agree or not," I said as calmly as I could.

Lily was fuming at this point.

"How do you not see it?!" Lily exclaimed loudly.
"See what?" I asked, my anger rising.
"Those boys are just going to use you! They're players! They're going to break your heart!" Lily yelled.

I thought she had just taken a step over the line, but she's a mile over the line now.

"Excuse me?!" I started. "I think I'd know if Sirius was using me or not!"

Lily looked at me like I just grew three heads.

"What about all the rumors going around?" She questioned.
"What do you mean?" I asked her.
"I heard someone just yesterday say that Sirius slept with Romona Brown," Lily said, and she was right, that was a rumor going around.
"People spread rumors, but there's no way of proving them," I stated.

She remained silent.

"Well. I think I'm going to go if you're going to continue talking about my boyfriend and his friends like that," I said, standing up and walking to the compartment next door where the guys were.

I opened the door to the guys compartment, and found James, Remus, Sirius and Camellia all looking at me.

Wait. I did mention that we could hear the guys through the wall.

That means.

Oops.

~Sirius~

James, Remus and I were in our usual compartment.
None of us knew where Peter was, but we figured he'd show up eventually.

Remus and I were laughing at a joke James had said when we heard the compartment door shut next door.

We were about to continue talking when we heard a familiar voice.
"I don't know why you want to be here next to them, they act like children."