Chapter 45

•Edited•

~Claire~

"I still can't believe you bought a house!" Camellia exclaimed as she walked through the front door with Lily and I.
"Well I don't regret it. It's given me a new found energy," I spoke, shoving the key I had previously used to unlock the door into my purse. Camellia and Lily stared in awe as we slowly moved to the kitchen.

The house wasn't huge but it was definitely beautiful. The dark wood floor went perfectly with the cream colored walls. The place had of course been decorated to perfection, courtesy of myself.

As we walked through the arched doorway that revealed a huge kitchen that would make any woman squeal, Lily and Camellia started jumping up and down squealing.

"Go ahead and sit down, I'll make sandwiches," I said, motioning to the three bar stools by the counter.

Lily and Camellia did so as I opened the fridge for turkey and cheese, knowing that the girls preferred turkey over ham any day.

"So how's life living with James and his parents?" I asked, looking up at Lily.
"It's nice, but we're looking to buy a house. Or at least get a flat," Lily replied.
"And you? How's the flat with Remus?" I questioned Camellia.
"It's nice, but I think after seeing this beautiful house I'll be considering buying a house as well," Camellia answered.

I nodded in agreement as I turned to grab plates.

"Oh wow, Sirius actually did the dishes," I murmured, finding that the sink was empty and dishes filled the cabinets.
"Is that not normal?" Lily asked from behind me.
"I mean, today was the first time I had asked him to do anything related to cleaning. We've only been here for a week or so and we've gone out to eat most of the time," I answered warily.
"Did you think he wouldn't do it?" Camellia questioned.
"I don't know, I just kind of thought he'd forget or something," I mumbled under my breath.

I shrugged it off and grabbed the plates.

"I'm horrible, not trusting Sirius to do something," I laughed, handing the girls their sandwiches.
"Where was it the guys had gone?" Lily asked.
"I think they said they were going to pick something up, but they didn't say what," I answered, taking my own sandwich.

"Well, in the mean time. Anything else on the wedding?" Camellia questioned.
"Well it's already the end of August, so we've got a little over two months till the wedding," I shrugged.
"Have you picked out the spot? Or the cake? Or the dress? Of course you haven't found a dress I would've known, but still, what is it you're thinking?" Lily asked, flailing her arms around.

I rolled my eyes at her and laughed.

"The wedding's going to be here. Camellia's going to be making the cake. And for the dress, I don't know, but I don't think it'll be that hard to find," I shrugged.
"It's a dress Claire. A wedding dress. What color do you want it? Do you want it short or long? Do you want a tail? A matching veil maybe? What about a mermaid style, or maybe princess? It's hard to find dresses Claire!" Lily exclaimed.
"It'll be white or cream, I don't know which one yet. It'll be short, so no tail. And I'm not a huge fan of mermaid or princess styled dresses anyway," I sighed, placing my elbows on the counter where I sat opposite them. My hands holding my head up.

"Okay, well we still need to find it," Lily sighed.
"Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm just not looking forward to it," I grumbled.
"What?! How are you not looking forward to finding a dress?!" Camellia and Lily exclaimed.
"I dunno. I'm just not that interested in finding a big mountain of fabric that's only going to be uncomfortable," I shrugged.
"You know there are wedding dresses that are simple and comfortable," Camellia spoke.
"I'll believe it when I see it," I laughed.
"Then that is my goal as Maid of Honor. To find you a simple and comfortable wedding dress," Camellia claimed.