Chapter 54

•Edited•

~Claire~

This August morning was definitely odd for Sirius and I.

It was August 20th.

Our daughter's birthday.

"I can't believe she's already one," I mumbled to Sirius as we lay in bed.
"I know. She still feels like a newborn to me," Sirius sighed.

A cry rang through the air, bringing us back to reality.

"Ah, and that'll be the birthday girl," Sirius chuckled.

Pulling the duvet back, Sirius and I walked to the room next door.

"Daddy!" Scarlett exclaimed as Sirius walked in the room.
"Hey Scar," Sirius smiled, lifting her out of her crib.
"Do you know what today is Scarlett?" I asked, walking to her dresser and picking out an outfit.
"Birfday!" Scarlett squealed.
"Mhmm, it's your day," I said, handing Sirius the black leggings and white and black striped shirt.

Of course I had also given him light purple socks to put on her. I mean, she is my daughter.

Sirius finished and handed her off to me so I could do her hair.

"Are you excited?" Sirius asked her as I pulled her hair back into pigtails.

Scarlett nodded her head eagerly.

"You want some pancakes for breakfast?" I questioned, wrapping the light purple bows around each pigtail.
"Please!" Scarlett's wide smile made both Sirius and I smile.
"Well let's go make them," I smiled, taking her hand and walking out of the room.

"Mummy!" Scarlett giggled as Sirius grabbed her from behind and carefully placed her on his shoulders.
"You're taller than me Scar!" I laughed.
"That's not a hard thing to beat," Sirius chuckled.

I glared at him, watching as he carefully walked down the stairs, keeping hold of Scarlett's small legs. Her tiny hands held his hair as they walked to the kitchen.

"Lily, James, Camellia, Remus, and Peter are coming over in an hour or so, Sirius," I said as I grabbed the pancake mix, Sirius placing Scarlett in her high chair.
"Remmy?!" Scarlett squealed.
"Yep," I laughed.

Remus has grown fond of being around Scarlett, and Scarlett had found Remus to be the most fascinating thing in the world.
She would put her tiny hands on his scars and say, 'Pwetty!'

Remus would laugh about it, say she didn't know what they were, but Camellia found it hilarious because Scarlett had picked it up when she had said that one of his newer scars on his face looked like a rainbow, and had called it pretty.
Sirius claimed she liked them because her nickname was Scar and they were scars.

"Daddy?" Scarlett sighed.
"Yeah Scar?" Sirius said, turning to look at her.
"I wuv you!" Scarlett exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

Love, or as she called it, wuv, was her new favorite word after hearing Sirius use it with me.

"I love you too, Scar," Sirius smiled.
"Pancakes are done!" I declared, placing a plate of them on the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Remmy!" Scarlett squealed as Remus and Camellia walked in.
"Scar!" Remus laughed, lifting Scarlett up.
"Cammy!" Scarlett exclaimed as her eyes landed on Camellia.
"Hey Scar," Camellia greeted.
"Where Jammie?" Scarlett giggled
"I heard my name," James said as he walked in behind Camellia.
"Jammie!" Scarlett squealed.
"And Lily!" Lily yelled from behind James.