Chapter 30

•Edited•

~Claire~

It's already been a few days since the holidays started, and today was the day Sirius met my mum.

Sirius and I were currently in his room getting ready.

I was wearing some black leggings with a maroon colored sweater. And even though it wouldn't be seen, I was wearing fluffy maroon socks under my black knee-high boots.
My hair was in loose waves, and my makeup was light.
I of course had my dog paw necklace on, and after grabbing my wand and leather jacket, I was ready.

Grabbing Sirius's hand, we apparated to a dark alleyway close to The Leaky Caldron.

We walked hand in hand out of the alleyway and to a bench a woman was sitting at, newspaper in hand.

The heels on my boots clicked as we walked over to the woman.

The woman was wearing a big cream colored coat that made her greying brown hair lay everywhere on top.

As we approached her, I let go of Sirius's hand, running over to her with a mass of clicks and plopping myself down next to her.

"Mummy!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around her.
"Clairesse!" She greeted with a warm smile that made the corners of her eyes crinkle.

Sirius followed me, but remained standing next to me.

My mother stood to her feet at the sight of him.

"You must be Sirius!" She spoke.
"It's very nice to meet you Mrs. Bennet," Sirius replied, shaking her hand lightly.
"Please. Call me Chelsea," Mum corrected.

We walked to what looked to be an abandoned pub. But upon opening the door, we were greeted by loud chatter.

We seated ourselves at a small booth away from all the noise. Sirius and I sitting across from my mum.

"So how are you Claire?" Mum asked, setting her menu down to look over at me.

Her brown eyes were big and welcoming, and it was clear to anyone that I got my looks from my mother.

"I've been good mum. Other than what happened with father, I've been really good. How have you been mum?" I responded, setting my menu down as well.
"Oh, well, your father and I have been arguing a lot lately. So I was very happy when you mentioned having lunch with you and Sirius," She stated.

I sighed at this. Knowing that when she said arguing, she meant father was drinking and he was constantly complaining.

"Mum, you're a grown woman. If you're not happy with him, get a divorce," I said, placing my hand over hers.
"Claire, it's not that simple," She argued.
"But it is mum. And if you don't want a divorce, work it out. But don't let him treat you like you're nothing. Because you are his wife and you should be treated like it," I spoke, not failing to notice Sirius's hand on my leg.

She nodded a little, as if understanding. But then shook her head, like she realized she couldn't.

"Claire, I can't do that. Besides, I am happy. I've got a beautiful daughter that is turning into a woman, in many ways," She said, making me raise an eyebrow at her.
"You've got a boyfriend, who is sure to be your husband one day. Plus, he is not a bad looking guy. That is for sure."

Sirius and I laughed at this. But the word 'Husband' made my heart flutter.

"You know Claire. Your father told me about the Blacks. Said they were.....what did he call it? Death....Suckers?" She guessed.
"Eaters," I corrected.
"Yes! Eaters. Death Eaters. He said that the Blacks were a bunch of Death Eaters. But if you are a Death Eater, Sirius. Then I'm afraid I don't understand why you're called a Death Eater," She spoke, awfully confused at the situation.

I looked over at Sirius apologetically, but he seemed to be amused by her comment.

"That's because I'm not a Death Eater. My family is. But I'm not. Death Eaters are – I suppose you could say – the bad guys. They hurt innocent people. I'd never do that," He explained, his hand still on my leg.
"Oh. That makes more sense. Well, I'm glad you're not a Death Eater,"
Mum laughed.

Eventually, we ordered our food and talked as we ate.
We talked about anything and everything. From muggle politics to just joking around.

Eventually though, I excused myself. Getting up to use the restroom.

~Sirius~

Claire left the table, and I waited until she was out of earshot before turning to Chelsea.

"Chelsea, I wanted to ask you something," I stated.
"Of course Sirius," Chelsea said, waiting patiently for the question.

Nervously, I opened my mouth to speak.

"I know I can't ask your husband, as he would definitely say no. And frankly, I don't care about his answer. But I do want to ask you," I started.

She looked a little confused, but still held a smile on her face.

"I want to ask for your blessing to marry Claire," I said quickly, watching nervously as her smile faltered, before it grew a thousand times bigger.
"Of course Sirius. It is clear to me that you make her happy, and that's all that matters to me," Chelsea spoke.

I sighed in relief at this.

"Thank you Chelsea. You have no idea how happy this makes me," I smiled.
"Of course, Sirius," Chelsea nodded.

It was quiet for a second before she asked, "Do you have the ring already?"
"Yeah. I brought it in case you asked actually," I responded, pulling the box with the ring out of my jacket pocket.

Chelsea opened the box and gasped.

"It's beautiful! Perfect for Claire!" She squealed, carefully taking the ring out of the box and examining it.
"That's what I thought," I grinned.
"Oh, I'm so happy for you!" Chelsea exclaimed, her smile wide.
"Thank you Chelsea," I thanked.

She passed the ring back to me, and I had just enough time to put the ring back in my pocket before Claire appeared next to me.

"Sorry about that," Claire apologized.
"No problem, love," I said.
"So, what did you two talk about?" Claire asked, picking her fork up to continue eating.

"Oh, nothing much."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bit of a shorter chapter, but it was an important chapter, obviously.
I would show you a picture of the ring, but the picture has the wedding band in it. So you'll have to wait!
Anyway, I hope you're having a nice day, and why don't you continue having a nice day?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~