Chapter 46

•Edited•

~Claire~

"I just think that you looked very beautiful in that princess styled one," Mum sighed as we drove to the house – Sirius and I's house, that is.
"I agree, you looked gorgeous in that one!" Lily exclaimed.
"I told you two, I'm going to be walking in mud. A long dress is going to get ruined, and I also just don't like long dresses!" I explained for the millionth time that day.
"I know but-" Mum started, only to be cut off by Camellia, "You heard the bride, she didn't like it!"

Lily snorted as Camellia rambled.

"You just want to prove you're a good Maid of Honor," Lily mumbled under her breath.
"I'm just saying!" Camellia spoke.
"So you don't agree that she looked beautiful in that dress?" Lily questioned.
"I didn't say that! All I said was that she didn't like it, and you should respect that!" Camellia scowled.
"Mhmm, and you-" Mum started, and this time I cut her off, "Can you all shut your mouths? I like the dress I got, and I'd rather not start arguing over a dress I honestly hated!"

The rest of the car ride was quiet. The only time someone spoke was when Mum pointed out we were there.

"Finally! Sirius will show me some love, as none of you seem too!" I scowled, hopping out of the car and skipping to the front door.

The door was unlocked as I had asked Sirius to unlock it over the phone.

"Sirius!" I exclaimed as the door opened.
"Claire!" Sirius called back as he came walking down the stairs.

I flung my arms around him and kissed his cheek.

"You'll love me right?" I asked as Mum, Lily, and Camellia walked through the door.
"Of course I will, but why'd you ask?" Sirius responded.
"Cause they hate me!" I cried as I pointed to the three women standing in the doorway.
"Oh you're just being dramatic!" Mum spoke, rolling her eyes at me.

I gasped dramatically as I looked from her to Sirius.

"I can't believe her Sirius! Can you believe she just called me dramatic?!" I questioned.
"Not at all," Sirius replied, his eyebrows raised.

I scowled at him, removing my arms and walking to the kitchen.

"Food anyone?" I asked as I walked away.
"I can't, I'm meeting Remus at the store," Camellia responded.
"James wants to go on a date tonight," Lily spoke.
"I'll stay," Mum smiled.

I nodded, continuing my walk to the kitchen.

The door closed and Mum and Sirius walked into the kitchen.

"Don't bother," Mum smirked as I pulled the bread out of the pantry.
"What?" I asked, turning around to face her.
"I'm not hungry. I just wanted to give you two a small, erm, early wedding gift?" Mum said warily.
"You didn't have to do that mum," I sighed, sitting down with Sirius at the counter.

Mum walked around the counter so that she was directly across from us, and pulled her purse out.

"Ah, here it is," Mum laughed, pulling out a small box and handing it to me.

I took the box from her, eyeing it curiously. I pulled the wrapping paper off, scowling as I saw the words Pregnancy Test.

I threw the box at her, Sirius looking at me curiously as he struggled to find out what it was.

"Mum I'm not pregnant!" I exclaimed.

Sirius snorted in realization, and mum frowned.

"Yes, but you will be one day. So I've gotten you some tests for whenever that day may come," Mum sighed.