Chapter 52

•Edited•

~Claire~

I let out a sigh as I leaned back in the bathtub.

My hair was up in an attempt to get my hair out of my face.
The hot water was making it difficult to keep my hair down, but it helped the pain in my stomach.

Sirius was still at work. It was a Sunday, and Sirius worked till one on Sundays.

I hadn't told him this morning when he left, but I had started having small contractions this morning.

Sirius working was very important now that I wasn't working, courtesy of being pregnant. Though Sirius didn't have to work for the next month, as it was August, the month the baby was due.

So now, just after one, I sat in the bathroom, soaking in the hot water as I waited for Sirius to get back.

Another pain shot through me, my lower stomach filling with pain.

I had been counting the contractions, and I was now having contractions every ten minutes,

That was not a great conclusion seeing as my child's father wasn't here and I probably should've been in the hospital right about now.

I already knew I wanted an all natural birth, so I wasn't that concerned about missing my chance at getting an epidural.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I slowly breathed out, waiting for the contraction to finish.

I hear a crack from down stairs, and let out a sigh of relief as footsteps started from the bottom of the stairs.

"Claire?" The familiar voice of Sirius called.
"In here!" I called, pain laced through my voice.

The bathroom door opened and Sirius walked in.

"Are you alright?" Sirius questioned.

I placed my hand on my large stomach, grinning sheepishly at Sirius.

"I think our baby would like to see the world," I winced, the contraction finally stopping after a second.
"What?! Are you having contractions?!" Sirius asked, walking over to me and grabbing my hand.
"Every ten minutes," I sighed.
"Ten minutes?! Claire! We need to get you to St Mungo's!" Sirius exclaimed.
"Just waiting on you," I giggled softly.
"Well c'mon, I'll help you get up and changed," Sirius stated, reaching for my other hand.

I allowed him to pull me up out of the water, helping me step out of the tub.

The water started draining after Sirius unplugged it, handing me a towel that I used to wring my hair out.

A groan left my mouth as an even stronger pain flooded through me.
I clutched onto Sirius's arm for support, groaning as the pain spread through me.

"Claire, it's okay. Just breath," Sirius spoke as calmly as he could, taking the towel and helping me dry off.

I let out shaky breaths, as Sirius gently led me over to the counter where my clothes were.

Deciding nothing else was going to be possible, he pulled a loose grey dress over my head, allowing it to flow down to my knees.

My hair remained in a messy bun, and makeup was long forgotten as Sirius quickly grabbed the previously prepared hospital bag from beside the door, and picked me up bridal style.

I whimpered at the small pain that remained in my lower stomach as he carried me down the stairs.

He led me over to the fireplace, grabbing a handful of floo powder and dropping it into the fireplace.