Chapter 42

•Edited•

~Claire~

"I can't believe it's over," I mumbled, my head on Sirius's shoulder as I sat on his lap in the small compartment.
"I know," Lily sighed from where she sat on James's lap across from Sirius and I.
"We're never coming back," Peter stated from beside James and Lily.
"Unless one of us becomes a professor," Remus shrugged, his arms around Camellia's waist right next to Sirius and I.
"Which would be you," James snorted.

Remus rolled his eyes, twirling some of Camellia's hair around his finger.

"So Mr. and Mrs. Black, when's the wedding?" Camellia questioned.
"We want to have it on the last day it rains," Sirius responded.
"The last day it rains?" Lily repeated, an eyebrow raised as she looked at us.
"Mhmm," I confirmed.
"And do you know how to find out when the last day it rains is?" Remus asked.
"Well, no. But we were hoping you did!" I exclaimed.
"I think I've got something," Lily nodded.
"Really?" I questioned, leaning forward to where Sirius had to hold my waist to keep me from falling forward.
"Yeah, it's called, The Weather Channel," Lily replied, rolling her eyes.

I scoffed, folding my arms and pouting.

"The first of November," Lily laughed.
"What?" Sirius asked.
"The first of November," Lily repeated, "That's the last day it rains."
"How'd you figure that out?" I asked, leaning back into Sirius's chest.
"There's a spell, kinda easy," Lily shrugged.

We sat there in silence for a little, but soon enough I felt the tears roll down my cheeks.

"Oh Merlin's beard Claire! Stop crying! You're just getting married!" James exclaimed.
"N-No it's not that," I cried, choking back a sob.
"What is it love?" Sirius asked.
"I'm just so thankful that I have all of you as my friends!" I sobbed.
"Claire stop you're going to make me cry!" Camellia exclaimed, running her hand through her blond hair.

Peter was already in tears, and James was denying the tears filling his eyes.

"I'm not crying....my eyes are just...sweating," James claimed.

I could feel Sirius's tears fall onto my shoulder, and laughed lightly as Sirius furiously wiped at his eyes.

"Claire you are possibly the most kind person I have ever met, and if it wasn't for you than you, Camellia and I wouldn't have the bond that we do now," Lily cried.
"Me? You were the one that stood up for me when those jerks pushed me down!" I stated.
"Well I wouldn't have even seen you if Camellia hadn't been screaming at that fifth year that had pushed passed her," Lily reminded.
"At the time, I hated that jerk for pushing me. But now, that jerk was part of the reason we met and I find that crazy," Camellia sighed.

Peter was sniffling loudly as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"This is so sad," Peter sobbed.
"No what's sad is that this is our last train ride together and we're spending it crying," Sirius stated.
"You're right Sirius, we need to do something memorable," James nodded.

I shrugged and stood up, grabbing my bag and dumping everything on the ground.

A few random pieces of parchment fell out, along with some quills. A bag of Fudge Flies fell which I quickly picked up for later, but also a few Dung Bombs fell.

"Dung Bombs?" Remus questioned, picking one of them up cautiously. Camellia protested at this as she was forced to stand up as well.
"Yeah, I got a few awhile back with Sirius," I nodded, scooping the rest of them up into my arms.
"What do you have in mind?" James asked, his eyebrows raised in shock.
"Oh, I dunno, maybe a little stop by Snivellus's compartment?" I suggested with a shrug.