Recruited

Chapter song:   Live Like Legends-Ruelle

First recruit: Dr. Raymond Palmer. Also known as the Atom.

Next recruit: Sara Lance. Former member of the League of Assassins, also formerly dead.

FIRESTORM, the merged super-form of one Jefferson Jackson and Professor Martian Stein.

Kendra Saunders and Carter Hall. The latest reincarnations of Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

Gideon: There seems to be an error Captain. These candidates, Leonard Snart and Mick Rory, are a pair of criminals.

There's no error Gideon.

Our Final recruit: Charlotte Thomson. A girl who was used as a science experiment which caused her to receive powers.

Charlotte's POV

My phone dinged as I sat on the coach, signaling that I received a message. I pulled it out and saw it was from Cole.

I need your help. Please hurry.

My first instinct was to panic. Was Cole in trouble? Did the scientist find him? Was he going to die? I placed my phone in my back pocket and focused. I barely used my power, especially to teleport. Cole's house was only a few blocks away but he could already be dead by the time I get there. I squeezed my eyes tight until I felt my power working. I slowly opened my eyes to find myself in Cole's home. It worked. I did it.

"Wow!" An unfamiliar voice caused me to spin around. Standing there was a man with ginger hair and a British accent. "That was quite impressive."

"Who are you? Where is Cole?" I questioned the man.

"Cole is fine. Asleep upstairs. There is noting to worry about."

During his last few words, he took out something that looked almost like a gun and pressed the button. My vision went all white then nothing but black.

~🕑~

I woke up in a different location. I was on a roof somewhere, but I wasn't alone. There were 8 others with me. I have no idea who they are but they seem to be in the same situation I'm in.

"Where are we?" One girl in a fur coat asked.

"Why don't you ask the dude who knocked us out and kidnapped us? British dude with a flashy thing. Ring any bells?"

"The names Rip Hunter." The British guy answered the young African-American. "I'm from East London. Oh, and the future."

"Nice to meet you Rip." A guy with a deep voice said before reaching for his weird gun at his side.

"Uh, while you were incapacitated, I may have tampered with your weapons. I've assembled you all because I need your help. The future of the world is in peril, because of a man by the name of Vandal Savage."

The two people dressed a like looked confused. They explained to the group how they defeated him with the help of the Green Arrow and the Flash.

"Therein lay the problem." Rip said to them. "Unless you or Mr.Hall deliver the death blow, Savage can be restored from but a single cell."

"What the hell are you talking about?" The guy with the deep voice spoke.

"Vandal is immortal. Kendra and I reincarnate."

"What the hell does this Randall guy got to do with us?"

"Vandal." Rip corrected. "In the future, he will employ the evil he's perfected over his long life, and the power he has amassed throughout history, to finally conquer the world. I've been tasked with assembling an elite team to stop him. To travel through time. To capture Savage before he grows into the monster he becomes." The two guys with the weird guns instantly rejected the idea of being heroes but Rip wasn't letting them off that easy. "I know it's difficult for you to fathom, but where-when I'm from, the year 2166, you and everyone on this roof aren't just considered heroes...you're legends."

"I hate to nitpick, but doesn't a legend have to be dead?" The old guy said as we all began to walk closer to Rip.

"It's dangerous for any of you to know too much about your own futures, but I am here because each of you, as individuals, is destined for greatness. And because if you don't follow me, this is what is in store for your world 150 years from now." Rip pressed a button which showed us a imagine of the city. It was dark and glumly and the buildings were destroyed and on fire. That imagine alone made us all quiet as we looked at it. All of us felt the same thing. Sadness and a need to fix it. "I could have chosen any time and any place. Of all the people who ever lived, I chose you nine. I certainly hope you won't let me, and the world, down. "

Rip walked to the old man and handed him a card. "If your answer is yes, meet me at this address in 36 hours."

Everyone gathered around and looked at the address before going there separate ways.

~🕑~

I headed back to Cole's place to talk to him about the offer. Cole saw this as an opportunity to train me as well as talk.

I used my magic to take down the targets he set out for me. I barely broke a sweat considering how easy this was and how powerful I am.

"Are you going to do it?" Cole asked as I wrapped up my explanation of what was going on.

"I don't know."

"I think you should. This is what I've trained you for. To help people, save the world."

I stopped my training and turned to Cole. "I want to do this, but I'm so scared Cole. What if I mess up? What if I can't do it?" My voice cracked as I tried to explain without breaking into tears.

"You can do it." Cole grabbed my arms in a comforting way. "I know you can do it. You're ready. You've always been ready. You can do this Charlotte." I nodded and brought Cole into a hug which he gladly returned. "You have nothing to worry about. I'll be here when you get back."

"Guess I better get ready then. Looks like I'm going to save the world."

Hey guys. Thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed the first official chapter of The White Witch.

Love ya😘
Bye.