Please Stop Flirting

Chapter Song: Take Over- Nick Jonas
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

"So, who wants a hit?" Young Stein asked as he raised some pot in the air.

Jax immediately jumped at the chance but Stein stopped him and grabbed the pot from young Stein. "I believe you told me you were trying to quit."

"Oh, none for you, silver top?" While Stein was distracted, Sara reached over and took it from Stein.

"I don't partake in cannabis. Anymore that is. In fact, perhaps you should take it easy."

"Ah, it helps me think better, Dad." Sara nudged me  again but this time it was to offer me a hit. I shrugged and took it from her. It wasn't my first time doing something like this. I used to date this guy who was big on smoking and drugs, but, hey, I had just gotten out of the ESAM and he was my first boyfriend.

"Yes, but what about the long-term health consequences?" Young Stein ignored him and turned to us laughing while he ate a bag of chips. "Speaking of which, you might want to lay off the saturated fats. So, uh, Alpha Particles. Exciting stuff. Too bad detection is at least a decade away."

"More like two decades." Younger Stein corrected his older self. "But I've worked up a little something. Science is all about the future, right? I've developed a prototype particle tracker. Cutting edge. Probably gonna mint me $1,000,000." The whole time younger Stein spoke he looked at me, as if he was trying to impress me.

I put on a fake shocked look. "Wow, a whole million."

Young Stein clapped his hands together and pointed towards me. "Be right back. I think I've got some chocolate chip cookie dough in the fridge."

As soon as young Stein left the room Sara, Jax, and I let out a loud laugh and followed Stein to his younger self's desk. "I cannot believe that that is you."

"Seriously," Jax added on to Sara's comment, "I had not idea you were ever cool."

Stein got irritated but still kept his back turned to us as he looked for the particle tracker. "I wasn't cool. I was an arrogant little snot."

"Was?"

"Just...keep an eye on the door, and when I get back, stop flirting with me." Stein directed the last part to me.

I scoffed and held up my hand to signal him to stop. "You were the one flirting with me."

"Look, what's the big deal?" Jax tried to keep the peace. "I mean, young you isn't married yet so technically it's not cheating."

Stein finally stopped and turned to us, scratching his head. "October 1975. This is right when I meet my future wife, Clarissa. So obliviously, we wouldn't want my former self tempted by a sexy witch from the future."

"Aw, you think I'm se.."

"Do not finish that sentence, Charlotte."

~🕑~
We got back to the ship around midnight. To basically sum up what happened younger Stein came back, got mad, Sara knocked him out, and then we went and got back the piece of Ray's suit.

"Oh my god!" Stein exclaimed as he looked at his hand which had his ring that was magically disappearing. "When you knocked me out, I must not have woken up, or did, and decided not to go to the mixer. Clarissa."

"Holy crap." We all spun around to see young Stein entering the ship. "Now, do you want to tell me who you are and where you're from?"

Hey guys sorry for the short chapter. I've been really busy today so I just tried to write as much as I could. I'm so so so stressed rn. However, I also had times to come up with some ship names. Well, more like I downloaded an app that creates ship names but, same thing. So we have...

Charlotte + Rip= Chap
Rip +Charlotte= Rarlotte
Hunter + Thomson= Homson
Or
Thomson + Hunter = Thunter

I'm gonna let you guys decided which one you like best. The voting begins...now!

Love ya😘
Bye.