You Don't Know Me At All

Chapter Song: Bloodstream- The Chainsmokers
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

Rip sighed as the message ended while the rest of us stayed silent. Rip thought for a moment before speaking to the A.I.

"Gideon, I take it that the Pilgrim's transmission included a carrier frequency through which she can be contacted?"

"Yes, Captain."

"Hail her, please."

"What are you planning to do?" Stein questioned our captain.

Before Rip could answer, the Pilgrim appeared on the screen once again. "Captain Hunter."

"Look," Rip began. "I'm gonna make this easy."

"I already have. The lives of your team's nearest and dearest for their younger selves."

"And I'm gonna counter that demand with an offer of my own. I will surrender myself if you spare the lives of my crew and their loved ones." All of our eyes went towards Rip as he said that.

"A novel gesture. But worthless. My directive it to eliminate your entire team, not just you."

"Yes, well, I'm not just talking about me now. I'm offering you me in the past. Rip Hunter before he became a Time Master. Eliminate him and this team will never have been."

The Pilgrim gave Rip a confused look through the screen. "If this is some kind of trick.."

"It's no trick. Enough people have died at my expense. Gideon will send you the location."

~🕑~

I quickly followed Rip down the hallway ready to give him the lecture I had prepared in my mind.

"Rip!" I called his name for the third time.

Rip quickly turned around to face me.  "Yes, what is it Charlotte."

"You're not serious about giving yourself up, are you?"

"I am."

"Rip, you can't."

"I have to." Rip quickly cut me off. "Too many people have already died because of me. I won't add the names of my crew or my crew's family to that list."

"Rip, what are you talking about? Who? Carter? He wasn't your fault"

"He was. Along with many others. Charlotte," Rip took my hands in his. "after this, if the plan I have fails, you won't even be able to remember me. Let alone cry over my death.  I have to do this. So, please, let me." I nodded sadly as another tear rolled down my cheek. Rip whipped it away before giving me a long, passionate kiss which I returned.

~🕑~

Sara, Snart, and I waited behind the pillars of a weird, futurist building. We waited until we got Ray's cue and came out.

I prepared to use my magic, but she froze me in place before I could. Even though I knew she would do this, it was still the weirdest thing ever.

The Pilgrim walked in a circle to keep us frozen with her power while she spoke. "I was willing to proceed in good faith. Now you'll watch those closest to you die."

The Pilgrim gasped as young Rip stabbed her in the leg. "Thought you could snuff me out? You don't know me at all, miss."

The Pilgrim stopped using her power long enough for Ray, Snart, Mick, and Firestorm to use their weapons on her. I used my power to create a shield around young Rip while Sara grabbed him.

Everyone began to relax once the Pilgrim was burned to dust. Rip's adoptive mother took young Rip back while the rest of us gathered together.

"That's you." Mick said as more of a questioned.

Rip sighed. "Yeah. I was a cutpurse from the age of five. Starved more than I ate. I knew what I'd do if she tried to harm me."

Snart powered down his gun while he spoke. "Lucky for us, you didn't forget your roots."

"Believe me, Mr. Snart, I've tried."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you had a great 4th of July and yeah.

Love ya😘
Bye.