A Good Captain

Chapter Song: Warrior- Beth Crowley
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

"Where's everyone else?" Sara asked as we all rushed onto the ship.

"Uh, Mr. Snart is helping the Professor get situated in the Medbay." Rip explained.

"He's not doing so hot without his nuclear super-haft." Ray added.

Mick walked towards he group and held his arms out. "Get me out of this stupid robot suit."

"First get us the hell out of here...Gideon?" Rip called out to the A.I. While he did that I used my, now healed, magic to get Mick out of his robot suit.

"I'm here, Captain, and if I could take a moment to add how wonderful it feels to be back together."

"We've missed you too Gideon." I said, smiling.

"Now, that we've had our reunion, I should mention we have a slight problem."

"Uh, the Time Masters are locking onto us with a tracker beam." Ray said while I rushed to the chair that Rip flew the ship in.

I quickly buckled myself in and pushed the lever forward. "Punch it, Gideon." I commanded before turning to Rip. "Sorry, your job."

"No, Charlotte, stay right where you are. I think you make a good Captain, anyway." Rip said the last part in a flirty way.

"The tracker beam?" Mick questioned, a little disgusted.

"Right," Rip composed himself. "Dr. Palmer is going to help me remotely disable it."

"I've already established an uplink to the omnimatrix mainframe, Captain."

"The Time Masters are evil, but they're not dumb." Ray pointed out. "There's no way they're gonna let Gideon override the tracker beam remotely."

The Waverrider began to rumble as the tracker beam locked on to the ship. We started to get pulled towards the machine while the Waverrider fought back and pulled away. "Whatever you're gonna do, you better do t now." Sara said, a little nervous. "They've locked on."

"What if we convince the system that the override command is coming from somewhere else?"

"Someone else." Rip added on to Ray's statement.

"Someone they trust." Ray began to do something behind me while I kept my eyes on the sky in front on me. "Just need to borrow Chronos' operating system."

"I'm hotswapping Mr. Rory's hard drive as we speak."

The screen in front of me began beeping as the tracker beam pulled us closer. "Whatever you're doing, do it faster."

"Done!" Ray yelled as he finished what he was doing. The tracker beam disengaged just enough for us to escape.

"Now, Charlotte." Rip commanded. I pushed the lever all the way forward and the Waverrider shot into space.

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.