Monsters in Disguise

Chapter Song: Attention- Charlie Puth
Italics=Gideon/Earpiece
Charlotte's POV

"Now, the file we're after is kept in a secure records room." Rip spoke to the others over the earpiece. "In order to gain access, we're going to need to 'borrow' a magnetic key card."

Sara, Kendra, and I walked in a single file line. We reached Snart and Ray about halfway down and grabbed the key card from them. We quickly got in the room, with the help of Mick, and grabbed the file.

"We got the file." Sara spoke into her earpiece.

"Okay, now for the tricky part. All personnel are subject to search upon exiting the Pentagon. Firestorm will divert the power long enough for you to exit."

We waited for Jax to give us the all clear before going through the restricted exit.

"This is a restricted exit." One of the guards said stopping us.

Kendra looked at us wide eyed. "Sorry, we must have gotten lost."

"I'm gonna need to see your key card, ma'am." Another guard walked up behind Sara and I. As the guard tried to speak into his radio, Kendra punched him while Sara and I fought the other guards. Kendra's wings came out and she looked at us with blood, red eyes.

"We have a slight problem." I said, not only to Sara, but to the rest of the group.

"We got the file. What the hell is Kendra doing?!"

Sara and I followed her outside where she was attacking two more guards. "Good question."

"All right. Wonderful. We've got a demigoddess who's gone completely berserk. Abort. I repeat, abort. Get back to the ship right now!"

Firestorm was the first to reply. They went through the roof of the building and grabbed Kendra before flying back to the ship.

~🕑~

"Instead of dwelling on what went wrong," Ray said, kind of uncomfortable with the stare Rip was giving us, "let's focus on the positive."

"What are you talking about? It was awesome." I chuckled a bit at Mick's comment earning a elbow in the side by Sara and a look by Rip.

"In the same way that tsunamis, earthquakes, and other natural disasters are 'awesome.'"

"We got the file on Savage." Kendra said, ignoring Stein's comment.

"Despite the hiccup with the alarm?" Stein gave Jax a not-so-subtle-it's- your-fault look.

"Oh, so it's my fault now? You know, maybe if you weren't always yammering away in my head, I could actually focus."

"You have access to 60 years of knowledge and experience. Why not take advantage of that?"

"Because it's my body on the line out there, not yours."

"Hey!" I yelled to the two. "Stop arguing, it's getting us no where."

"It's not your fault." Sara added. "Everything would have been fine if Big Bird over here hadn't freaked out."

"Excuse me?"

"Enough! There is plenty of blame to go around. Now, fortunately, Gideon was able to generate a low-end EMP, which erased all the Pentagon's magnetic media. Look, you're just lucky that the Department of Defense likes to keep incidents like this under wraps. Gideon, any luck with our purloined secret file?"

"Yes, Captain. According to the Pentagon, Savage has defected to the Soviet Union."

"So the most powerful evil in the world has just gone red at the height of the Cold War." Stein interrupted.

"And now he's gonna cook up something that destroys the future." Ray added.

"Gideon, set a course for the Soviet Union."

Hey guys. Sorry for the late update. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter anyways and yeah.

Love ya😘
Bye.

PS: I'm obsessed with this chapter song.