Completely and Openly

Chapter Song: Came Here For Love- Sigala, Ella Eyre
Italics=Gideon
Rip's POV

I stared at the small children running back and forth, yelling to each other. Even when my mother approached me, I still kept my eyes on them as I spoke to her. "I couldn't quite bring myself to leave this place just yet."

"I've made you something for your travels. Some mince pies for your friends, and an extra one for that girl you're found of."

I snapped my head to her. "I'm not sure what.."

"Don't lie to me Michael. I know you too well. What's so wrong with you loving her."

"I shouldn't love her." I answered bluntly.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Why not?"

"I brought her to help save my family. Me loving her while trying to save my wife and son is...selfish."

"What a load of old codswallop." I gave her a confused look. "It's all right Rip. You do fall in love more than once. It doesn't make you selfish."

"Then what does it make me?"

She paused for moment trying to think of the right words to say. "It makes you human.

~🕑~

Charlotte's POV

The Waverrider took off as our time was finished at Rip's old house. I had just finished filling Amelia in and retreated back to my own room when Rip walked in.

I turned to face him. "Rip, what's up with.." Rip didn't stop walking until he had got to me and kissed me passionately.

He pulled back after a while and placed his forehead on mine. "I want you."

"What?"

"I don't want to lose you anymore than I want to lose my wife and son. I love them yes, but even if we do save them I want to be with you. Completely and openly. Charlotte, I love you. I have since the moment we met on that rooftop and I will until the end of my days. I'm tired of living double lives. One with you and the other as my old self. I only want one life, the life with you. I understand if you don't want that but I needed to let you know that if you do, I want it too."

I stared at Rip wide eyed. Rip sighed a little but before he could even move, I kissed him again. "I love you too and I do want that life with you. Completely and openly."

Before Rip and I could kiss again we were interrupted by Gideon. "Captain, I'm afraid we have a problem."

~🕑~

"What's going on?" Sara asked, as she was the last one to enter the room.

"Gideon has intercepted a trans-chronal beacon. Gideon, show them."

Gideon showed a video on the monitor at Rip's words. One that made us all listen intently.

Italics=message.

"This message is for Rip Hunter." The Pilgrim said as she showed up on the monitors. "I'm going to make this very quickly and very simple." Imagines of people we know began to show on the screen, starting with Lisa Snart. "If I can't find you," Quentin Lance. "I can't find those you love." Clarissa Stein, then Anna Loring. Ray's dead fiancée. Finally a picture of Cole and myself showed making me clench my jaw. Rip gripped into my hand as it turned back into the Pilgrim holding Jax's dad prisoner.

"Dad!"

"All of them will suffer and die because of you. You family, your friends, anyone you've ever cared about. Unless you surrender your younger selves to me."

"So she can erase you all from history." Rip finished.

"If its of any comfort, you won't feel a thing. As for your loved ones, I cannot promise the same thing."

Hey Guys. I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading.

Love ya😘
Bye.