I Vowed Never to Love

Chapter Song: Eyes Closed-Halsey
Italics=Gideon
No ones POV

No one knew how, or why, the blonde girl named Charlotte woke up. They just surrounded her and asked her questions, resulting in the girl locking herself in her room. Soon enough, the only one standing outside her room was Rip Hunter. As the girl laid dying he made a promise to her, one that he intended to keep.

Charlotte's POV

I flinched as I hear knocking on my door. Once, twice, three times.

"Charlotte?" Rip's soft voice echoed into the room. It always made me want to smile and hug him, but now it just made me want to cry. "Please, open the door. We're all worried about you."

"Let him in Gideon." Gideon complied and opened the door. It was probably a mistake letting him in, but I need to tell him why I was acting like this.

"Charlotte? Are you okay?" Rip asked as he stepped closer to me. My back continued to face him.

"Not really."

"Charlotte..."

"I heard what you said." I used my arms to push myself up and face him. He looked unsure at first but then realization hit him. "I know you...care about me but, I just...I can't."

Rip let out a sigh mixed with a chuckle. "Charlotte, only a few days ago, you and I shared a kiss and now you're saying you can't feel the same way for me as I do for you?"

"It's more complicated then that."

"Then explain it to me!" Rip shout made both of us go silent.

"Its was something I saw during my dreams. It was a memory, actually."

Flashback

The two looked at each other intently. Young 17 year old Charlotte was in unhappy tears at telling the news to her 18 year old boyfriend named Peter.

"You're pregnant?" Peter questioned her again. They both knew they couldn't  raise a child. Her being a science experiment and him one of the junior scientist.

Charlotte nodded unhappily. "I don't know what to do. If Nathan finds out..."

"He won't find out. I'm gonna get us out of here okay?"

Two days later.

Charlotte laid on a metal table. Her vision going away and coming back. A few of the scientist surrounded her, but one in particular caught her eye. Nathan.

"Charlotte, oh Charlotte. I just can't believe you would do this to me. Sleeping with one of my junior scientist and getting pregnant." Nathan shook his head in a displeased matter.

"What did you do to Peter?" Charlotte was barely able to get out her question but Nathan heard it.

"Unfortunately, Peter had to be put in his place. So sad, he was such a great addition to the team. I'm sorry about this to."

The everything went black.

End of Flashback

"When I woke up, I was back in my cell. Not only was Peter dead but so was my unborn child. After that, I vowed never to love." I turned back to Rip who had a few stray tears down his cheeks. "Now you know why I cannot love you back."

Hey guys, sorry for the really depressing chapter. Idk why I did that because I'm actually really happy. I made Varsity in cheerleading 😊😊. Thank you guys for your support and understanding why I couldn't write for a few days.

Love ya😘
Bye.