Per Degaton

Chapter Song: Alive-Madden
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

"Tor Degaton holds daily meetings with his board of directors." Rip explained as we walked down a hallway.

"And it's open to the public?" I asked, slightly surprised.

"Course not. Just Kasnia's shareholders."

"I hate to break it to you, but we're not shareholders."

"I'm more of a hard asset man, myself." Snart added to Sara's comment.

Rip turned to us with a small black case in hand which contained contacts in them. Rip took the one for the right eye and put it in.

The man scanned Rip's eye and looked at the screen. "You're clear to attend. They'll have to wait outside." The man motioned to us.

"Oh, no, this is my accountant," Rip motioned to Snart, "she is my personal bodyguard," he motioned to Sara, "and she is my personal assistant."

"Stockholders only."

~🕑~

"He's a teacher?" Sara asked.

"Tutor," Rip corrected. "it would seem, to the young Per Degaton himself."

"You say that like it's suppose to mean something." Snart commented.

"After the death of his father in five years time, Per Degaton unleashes the Armageddon Virus, which decimates the world's population, leaving it ripe for conquest. Per Degaton primes the world for dictatorship, and then when the time is right..."

"Savage snatches that power away from him." I finished. "By killing Per Degaton."

"Indeed."

"Okay, so we don't have what we need to take out Savage, but maybe now we can figure out a way to stop his rise to power." Kendra said.

"By depriving him of his springboard, Per Degaton."

"Okay." Sara agreed. "How do we do that?"

"It's quite simple really."

Snart smirked and lifted his head up from how he was resting it on his hand. "We kill the little bastard ourselves."

~🕑~

Sara and Rip brought back Per Degaton and placed him in medbay. We decided to try to get the kid on the right path before we do anything rash.

"What do genocidal maniacs dream about, I wonder?" Sara questioned stepping close to the kid.

"He's imagining himself baking cookies with his mother."

"Wait, you can monitor our dreams?"

"Of course. For example, last night, you had a rollicking fantasy involving a young nurse.."

"Okay, Gideon, enough."

"Gideon, check the timeline to make sure that the kidnapping of the boy had the desired effect upon the future." Rip commanded.

"Oh, dear. I'm afraid you'll be disappointed with the results."

~🕑~

"What do you mean it did nothing?" Stein asked.

"I mean, the kidnapping of Per Degaton had a nominal effect upon the timeline." Rip explained.

"Maybe we just need to dump the little brat somewhere he can't get into any trouble, like the Stone Age." Snart suggested.

"No matter where and when you sequester him in the timeline, Savage will still rise to power."

"But Rip said this kid's like a baby Hitler." Jax said.

"Yes, I also said that time wants to happen, and such a world-changing event like Savage's rise to power can't be stopped merely by kidnapping his young pawn."

"So, we're back to Plan A?" 

"Snuffing the kid out in his sleep?" I questioned Snart.

"Let us not forget that this kid will one day be responsible for billions of deaths, including those of my family."

Everyone surrounding the table gave me a look as he said that. I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from saying anything which Stein could see and decided to help me. "Say that you do stop Savage and save the lives of your family. Will you be able to look your own son in the eye knowing what you did so he could live?"

"When the alternative is that I shall never see him again."

"I got a better idea." Jax interrupted. "Instead of us arguing about whether we should kill him, or where or when to dump him off, why don't we just talk to him?"

"Savage has spent years corrupting his mind."

"And yet it only took 1 thing to corrupt yours." I spat out before standing up from where I was sitting and walking back to my room.

Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed. Just so you guys know, I'm starting the 2nd book (yes there will be a 2nd book). If I finish it by the time this book is done then I will post the whole thing, if I don't then I will set a release date for when I will post the book so make sure to keep an eye out for it. Thank you so much for reading.

Love ya😘
Bye.