Salvation's New Sheriff

Chapter Song: Black and White-Todrick Hall
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

The Stillwater Gang road into town, shooting into the air and calling out to make sure everyone knew they were here.

"One of mine is dead." The leader of the gang said to the crowd. "And this here town's gonna pay." Ray stepped out onto the road in front of them. "Now, who the hell are you supposed to be?"

"John Wayne." I almost laughed at the name he gave himself. "Salvation's new sheriff." Jax, Mick, and I gave each other a look. "And this here town is under my protection."

"Well, you being new and all, you don't know about the arrangement that we got. See, me and my boys, we ride into town, we take whatever we want."

"In exchange for what?"

"By killing nobody."  The leader and his men laughed.

"Well, that sounds reasonable and all, but arrangement's over."

Jeb turned to his men. "Arrangement's over boys." They all laughed again. "They teach you numbers where it is you're from? Cause the way I see it, there's only one of you and a whole mess of us."

Jeb pulled his gun out and pointed it at Ray. It was a gunshot but not from Jeb. Snart stood on the balcony of one of the houses, a shotgun in hand. Jeb dropped his gun and shook his hand, trying to stop the pain. "You get out of town and you don't come back, or the next bullet goes in your eye. I got sharpshooters all around. You really want to test me?"

Jeb looked around at all the houses. "Let's ride boys." Him and all of his men climbed onto their horses and rode out of town. The crowd cheered for Ray, and I found myself clapping for him as well.

~🕑~

"Dude, that was badass." Jax complimented Ray on what he did back in town.

"Let's not oversell it."

I patted Ray on the shoulder. "Don't listen to Snart. You were amazing out there."

Ray nodded. "Running a bad guy out of town's always been on my bucket list."

"Bucket list?" Hex asked.

Stein explained it to him while I just rolled my eyes. "A list of things one hopes to accomplish before they die."

"Well you better hope it's a real short list, String Bean."

Ray scoffed and rolled his eyes. "We can handle the Stillwater gang."

"Well, you're all just tearing up the 1870s, aren't you?" Rip began to complain.

"Stillwater and his gang's like a hornet nest, and your friends here keep poking at it." Hex added.

"They saved the town from being raided, man." Jax pointed out.

"Today, but what about tomorrow, or the day after that? For a bunch of time travelers, you don't seem to understand the future much. The day will come when y'all all leave...and Salvation will end up like Calvert."

"What's a Calvert?" Mick asked.

"A closed matter." Rip quickly said. "A word, Mr. Hex? I believe you've all done enough for one day." Hex quietly followed Rip into his office.

"Well now I definitely want to know what a Calvert is."

"Then it's a good thing we have access to a supercomputer. Gideon?" Stein asked the A.I.

"Calvert was a town in Oklahoma circa 1868."

"Was?" I questioned.

Gideon pulled up photos that made us all give each other a look.

"We have to stop the Stillwater gang." I said determined. "We're not leaving until we do."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.