Fate

Chapter Song: New Rules- Dua Lipa
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

I woke up slowly as I felt my body being shook. I opened my eyes to see Rip kneeled in front of me, his hand pressed to my forehead where I could feel blood running down. I groaned as the pain started to come back along with the memories. The giant robot throwing the Waverrider, my seat coming undone, and me slamming my head against the table in the middle.

"Gideon, what's our status?" Rip questioned the A.I as he kept looking at me.

"I'm gonna go with 'lousy'." Sara commented as she came into view, kneeling down beside me along with Amelia who was, thankfully, unharmed.

"Shut down all essential systems so Savage's robot.."

"Too late, Captain. Apparently, it has determined you are still alive, because it is closing in on our location."

"We have to stop it." I said, grunting as I sat up.

"What happened?" Stein asked, walking in.

Rip slowly helped me put my arm around his shoulders and lifted me to my feet before he spoke. "We seem to have encountered Savage's megaweapon."

"And he kicked our ass." I added with a grunt.

"Gideon, how much time do we have?"

"I estimate the robot should reach our location within the hour. Our propulsion engine was severely damaged in the crash and is no longer functioning."

"So where does that leave us?" Amelia asked, now worried as well.

"All right," Rip said. He gently lifted my arm back over his shoulder and placed my hand on the table to keep me steady while he jumped into action. "our only option is to take the Jumpship and try and outrun it."

Stein quickly grabbed the sleeve of Rip's jacket before he could leave. "The Jumpship seats nine. The cargo bay's filled with refugees."

"I'm well aware."

"Well, we can't just leave them there; we.." Stein stuttering stopped as his hand reached down to his abdomen where a piece of metal was piercing his skin.

"Martin!"

~🕑~

Kendra, Snart, and I walked into the control room during Ray and Rip's conversation. I was only able to hear Ray say "It's not impossible. All we have to do.."

Rip cut him off. "Is kill Vandal Savage. The chances of which appear to be fading."

"Not anymore." Kendra joined the conversation. "I figured out how to do it."

"And my new bestie and I can get us in." Snart added.

"And Amelia and I can use our magic to protect the ship." I added as well.

Ray nodded and turned back to Rip. "And I think I've got a way to stop the giant robot that's coming to kill us."

Rip rubbed his face before turning to face all four of us. "Now you may not believe in fate, Raymond, but I certainly do. And perhaps it was fate that compelled me to bring you eight together. So we can change this future once and for all."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.