4,000-Year-Long Relationship

Chapter Song: Wake Up Alone-The Chainsmokers
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

Snart, Mick, Sara, Rip, and I walked close together as we followed Savage and his guards. Mick and Snart spoke quietly ahead of all of us. I didn't think much of it until Mick stuck his foot out and tripped Rip. Snart grabbed me at the same time and pulled me behind a wall with them.

"What the hell did you do that for?" I questioned, a little irritated with their criminal ways.

"We'll take Savage, you two tie up the guards." Snart said, ignoring my question.

Snart and Mick ran off while Sara and I waited for the perfect opportunity. I nodded to Sara who took on the girl while I took on two guards.

As both of the guards fell to the ground, knocked out, I heard Rip yelling to us to fall back. I waited a minute for Sara before leaving.

~🕑~

"What exactly do you think you were doing back there?" Rip questioned the two criminals that walked in front of him down the hall of the ship.

"Distracting Savage's pals," Snart said, as though it was nothing. "which worked, by the way."

"Yes, well, I could've been killed."

"Never said it worked perfectly."

"At least it wasn't a complete bust." I commented.

Sara nodded and spoke what I was thinking. "We found out about Kendra's bracelet."

Rip stopped walking as Sara and I continued. "What bracelet?"

~🕑~

Kendra opened the box filled with her son, Aldus', things. She looked down at it sadly and shook her head. "This is such a waste of time. I've already looked through every single page of Aldus' notebooks. If he had written something specific about the bracelet and killing Savage, I would have known it already."

Sara and I slowly walked over to her. I reached into the box and pulled out the large, leather notebook filled with everything Aldus knew about Savage and his parents. "Here it is."

Kendra ignored us and continued to look down into the box, which also contained some of Carter's things. "You ever think about him?" Sara asked.

"Carter." Kendra's question sounded more like an answer. "I try not to. It's not like I'll ever see him again. Not in this lifetime anyway. Besides, Carter is my past. Ray is my future."

"Still, 4,000-year-long relationship...seems like it'd be  hard to get over."

Kendra nodded, agreeing with Sara's statement. "Maybe once Savage is gone, I can finally start to."

Kendra reached down, touching the weapon at the bottom of the box. It seemed that, for a moment, Kendra zoned out until she drew a sharp breath and dropped the weapon.

"What is it?" I asked, a little concerned.

"I think I know what we can use to kill Savage."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. Sorry for not updating for a while. I went to cheer camp for the whole week. Thanks for your patients and I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.