Limits

Chapter Song: Sorry Not Sorry- Demi Lovato
Italics=Earpiece
Charlotte's POV

I quickly made my way towards Ray's room while Amelia finished up putting a protection spell on the ship.

"Hey." I said as I barged into Ray's room. He had his clothes on for underneath his Atom suit. "Here." I placed a necklace in Ray's hand which he looked at curiously.

"What's this for?"

"Well, Amelia and I took in to consideration how you were just going to fight the robot and we thought it would be good for you to have a little bit more...leverage on your side. Amelia and I connected the necklace to the ones that we have on right now." I showed him the necklace that I wore. It matched both his and Amelia's. "As long as Amelia and I are using magic, you'll be protected."

"Thanks." Ray threw the necklace around his neck.

I nodded and started to make my way out the door. "Oh, and Ray." He looked up and hummed. I thought for a moment, thinking if I should tell him the side affect of the necklace. "Nothing, just be careful out there okay?"

Ray nodded and proceeded to get ready.

~🕑~

Amelia and I finished setting up. Candles lit the room and small bowls filled with herbs sat in the middle of them. Amelia and I stood facing each other.

"Guys, he did it." Jac said through the earpiece.

Amelia and I nodded, knowing that he was talking about Ray. We connected our hands and focused all our energy on Ray.

We felt what he felt during his battle while we did this. He was doing pretty good but did get hit every once in a while.

I opened my eyes to look at my sister, who had blood dripping down her nose. I let go of one of her hands and felt my nose doing the same. I quickly reach over and pulled the necklace from her neck and, before she could argue, blew one of the herbs in her face that made her quickly fall asleep.

"I'm sorry, sister." I whispered as I set her down on the floor of the Time ship gently.

I placed her necklace in the palm of my hand while still keeping my other one on and focused on Ray.

I felt the blood from my nose run down my face more and more as I pushed my magic over its limit. It wasn't until I felt Ray get hit by a laser beam that it got worse.

I gasped and dropped the necklace from my hand as I coughed blood from my mouth. My hearing got worse as my ears filled up with blood as well. I knocked over the candle and bowls before falling to the ground and losing conscience.

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.