One Hour

Chapter Song: Best Behavior-Louisa Johnson
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

Connor got taken by Grant, Sara went after him, and she only had one hour. One hour to save him and get back to the ship. If not, we leave her behind. Rip's decision.

I slowly lifted myself up from the chair in my room and walked to the control room in the front of the ship where Rip was waiting.

"Sara's not back onboard." I noticed. "We can't leave."

"I gave her an hour." Rip said looking at the wall.

"That hardly enough time.."

"And she's been 90 minutes. How much longer are we suppose to wait?"

I walked closer to Rip, hoping I could get it through to him. I slowly placed my hand on top of his, unsure if he would let me or not. "It doesn't matter that this is a potential future. It doesn't matter that this may never come to pass, may never be real. For Sara, this is very real."

"I know," Rip swiftly pulled his hand away from mine. "Which is why I gave her an extra 30 minutes." Rip walked over to his chair, still refusing to look at me. "Gideon, what's out status?"

"The Waverider is operational, Captain, but I can't guarantee for how long."

"Explain."

"We are cloaked, but positioned dangerously close to where the city's criminal element is gathering to witness the execution of Connor Hawke. The longer we wait, the greater the risk of detection and further damage to the ship."

After hearing that Rip's eyes finally met mine. "Do you really want to risk being marooned in this version of 2046 forever?"

"A lot more than I want to maroon Sara here. She's our friend. Our teammate. What's the point of stopping Savage if we only become as immoral as he is in the process?"

~🕑~

After the fight with Grant and his crew, we all went back to the ship. Safe and sound.

"You sure your okay?" I asked Sara again as I walked pass her room.

"I will be." I nodded. "Thanks by the way. I heard you convinced Rip to stay."

"That was his own choice. He just needed a little push."

"And you gave it to him. He really likes you you know, but be careful." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.  "Char, we're here to save his family. His wife and son. If we succeeded.."

"I know, Sara. I'm not an idiot. I know how it will end if we do save his family. Right now, I'm just living in the moment. Don't worry I can handle myself. You just handle yourself around Snart."

"What? Snart and I are not..."

"Yeah. Yeah, keep telling yourself that."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Love ya😘
Bye.