The Hero Of This Story

Chapter Song: Heaven In Hiding- Halsey
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

As we took down the last of the Time Master guards, Rip came running outside, Ray's helmet in his hands. "We're leaving!" Rip shouted, a little out of breath.

"Where's Ray and Mick?" I asked, looking behind him for the two.

"Ray is in my pocket and Mick has elected to stay."

"Why?" Snart cut in, worried about his partner.

"Because someone needs to be present to destroy the Oculus. Mick has elected himself." Snart sighed before running off to get him. "No,no,no. There isn't time!"

"Sara!" I yelled as she ran after him. Before I could run after her, Rip grabbed my waist and pulled me towards the ship.

~🕑~

"He traded his life for ours." Ray began his speech of Snart's bravery. "He was a hero. Which I'm pretty sure is the last thing he wanted to be remembered as."

"But that's what he was." Sara barely got out, before turning forward again and wiping a tear from her eye.

I knew she didn't want to be comfort in this time. She wasn't use to feeling upset. However, I went against everything I told myself, as did Amelia, and we went and sat by her sides, hugging her.

Sara waited for everyone to leave before she pulled Amelia closer to her side and placed her head on my shoulder, breaking down.

~🕑~

The whole crew walked off the Time ship and onto the ground of 2016 Star City. "What are we doing here?" Mick questioned out Captain.

"Savage has a timeship, courtesy of the Time Masters." Rip explained. "The timeline is unclear, due to our destruction of the Oculus, meaning.."

"Savage is lost to history." Stein finished.

Rip nodded and continued. "Which is why I brought all of you home."

"Woah.." I stopped him. "What?"

"The missions not over man." Jax complained.

Ray nodded, agreeing with Jax's statement. "Jax is right. We've lost Savage before. We'll find him again."

"And then what?" Rip questioned. "We have no way of killing Savage, particularly now that Kendra and Carter are in his possession, assuming that they're still alive, which is highly unlikely."

"So that's it? We're just giving up?"

"I'm on my way to the refuge retrieve our younger selves and return them to the timeline. It will be as if you never left."

"What, you think that we can just return to our old lives and then pretend like none of this ever happened?" Sara asked.

"That might be a tad difficult. So I had to bring you back to May 2016, not January 2016."

"Great." Jax said sarcastically "So what you're saying is for the last five months, my mom probably thinks that I'm dead. Thanks a lot man."

"Okay, wait." I called Jax down before turning to Rip. "Why? Why the change of plans, Rip?"

"If you're getting back on that ship, we're getting back on that ship." Mick poked Rip, who glitched out, showing that he was never really thee.

"In truth, I never left it." The Waverider began to lift off as Rip said that. "I'm sorry for all that I've asked of you and that it all came to nothing. I wish you all well."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😂
Bye.