I've Done Something Horrible

Chapter Song: Now or Never-Halsey
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

"Pieces of the dagger have apparently broken off and are, as we speak, en route to her heart." Rip explained to Snart, Mick, Jax, Sara, and I.

"Can't we just," Jax paused as he rubbed his hands together, "time jump into the future where they got the stuff to fix her?"

"This ship is from that very same future and has, thus far, been unsuccessful in saving her. Kendra wouldn't survive the time jump anyway."

"To sum up, Carter Hall is dead, the girlfriend's not to far behind, Vandal Savage is sitting pretty in 1975, which we're all now stuck in. That how the plan suppose to work, Rip?"

"Obviously not, Mr. Rory, but the mission is simple. We stop Vandal Savage here in the past and we save the future."

"Simple don't mean easy, Captain." Snart added in.

"I never said it was. The benefit of being a Time Master is that the length and breadth of history gives one...perspective. I've seen darker days. I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall, and even then I accomplished my mission no matter what. Gideon, what is our status?"

"When the waverider was attacked by Chronos, the Jumpship was damaged. Unless you make repairs, we will be unable to..."

"Wait, wait." Jax stopped Gideon from continuing. "Jumpship?"

"It's a small expeditionary vessel at the belly of the Waverider...Your a machanic!" Rip shouted, causing me to jump in my seat. "You have a look at it."

"Auto Mechanic. Uh..." Jax pointed to the room around us. "Spaceship." Rip simple shrugged his shoulders at Jax. "Okay, if you got a set of wrenches, I'll see what I can do."

~🕑~

After Rip's big speech with some of us, I decided that it would be best to talk to him. At least...I hope it's what's best. As I walked in I noticed Rip had a pocket watch. On one side was a picture of a young boy and a woman. Probably his wife and son. "Is that your son? He looks like you." Rip snapped it close at the sound of my voice. "Sorry. I use to sneak around the lab whenever I wasn't in my cell, being quiet was kind of my thing."

"I'd like to be alone for a moment."

"You don't actually have a plan, do you? And that speech wasn't about convincing us. It was about convincing you. Didn't work, did it?" Rip keep his eyes on the wall in front of him. "Why aren't you looking at me, Rip? Did I do something?"

Rip rolled his head and body around to face me. "No, no. You've done nothing wrong Charlotte."

"Then why do I feel like I've done something wrong?"

"You didn't do anything wrong, Charlotte. I promise you. It's I who has done something horrible." Rip turned his body back to the position it was in before and returned his eyes to the wall.

I grabbed one of the chairs by his desk and pulled it closer to him before sitting down. "Rip, I know you. You're not a bad person. Whatever it is...I'm sure it's not as bad as you think."

"It is. I've done the worst possible thing I've ever could have done."

"What is it?" Rip stayed silent. "Rip, I promise. No matter how bad I won't judge you. You have nothing..." My words trailed off as I felt a warm pair of lips on mine. It took me a minute to process but as soon as I did, I kissed back. Wait, is this wrong? I mean it doesn't feel wrong. But I don't think it's right. What should I do?

Rip make the decision for me and pulled away. We both looked at each other intently deciding what to do next. "Maybe you should go." Rip looked back at the wall.

"Yeah. I think I should."

What just happened?

Yes, yes, yes, yes! The kiss happened. It was a little awkward, a little confusing, but I happened. Thank for reading.

Love ya😘
Bye.