The Girl Without Time

Chapter Song: Oh My God- Jacqueline Irvine
Italics=Oculus
Charlotte's POV

I slowly blinked and allowed the bright lights of the room to fill my vision. My head bounded but other than that I felt fine. The blood was washed from my face and I apparently had been taken to medbay.

Stein was no longer here which probably meant that he was awake and alive. I pushed off my chair to stand but fell to my knees as soon as I did. I was still weak, both me and my magic need time to fully heal.

I was lifted off the ground by two large figures. They wore black suits with black helmets over their head. "You're under arrest." One of them said before I began to lose conscience again.

~🕑~

I winced as the guards threw me into a cell. My head and back hitting the wall behind me.

"Charlotte? Charlotte, are you okay?" Ray shouted to me.

"Yeah...I'm...im okay." I mumbled. "Where are the others?"

"Stein's in here with us. They took Rip, Kendra, and Mick, but I don't think they got Amelia, Snart, or Sara."

"Jax?"

"Stein sent him back to 2016. You missed a lot while you were out."

My chuckled turned in a cough as I felt more blood rush up my throat.

"Charlotte!"

"I'm fine...I'm..Im okay."

~🕑~

Rip's POV

I followed the leader of the Time Masters into a small room filled with a strange machine.

"What is this place?" I questioned my surroundings.

"Our Holy of Holies." He stated simply. "The Oculus viewing chamber, our most powerful window into the past, present, and future. The source of all our information on the timeline."

"Why did I not know about this?"

"No captain does. The Oculus' existence is known only to the High Council, including its greatest secret: the Oculus not only gives us a window into time, but the ability to shape it as we see fit." He explained. "We've been helping Vandal Savage consolidate his power by giving him access to time travel. But you've been helping him too." He pointed his finger at me as he walked around the Oculus. "From the moment we realized only Savage could save the world, we've been using the Oculus to manipulate you."

"That's impossible."

"Think about it. Thanks to your efforts, Vandal Savage was not in prison for the sale of a nuclear weapon in 1975. You prevented the Soviet Union from winning the Cold War in 1986. Carter Hall's death provided Savage's closest lieutenants preternaturally long lives. You and your team have been moving through the course of time. We've merely redirected it, and you, to the outcomes history requires." I shook my head in disbelief, which he could see. "Look, see for yourself."

I walked over to the machine and put my hand inside the blue lights that were emitted from it. Before my eyes, I saw all the events of the past play out exactly as they had happened before.

"You're looking into the past. You see that everything I've told you is true."

Soon images of the future began to appear as well. "This isn't only the past."

"You can also see the future. Not possible future. Not a prediction. You are looking at events as they will happen."

"What about choice? What about free will?"

"Illusions. The only place in the universe free will exists is here in the Vanishing Point. Here..and your girlfriend, Charlotte Thomson. It appears for some reason, we cannot control her or her future. Her free will has almost cost us dearly, which is why we have tried to eliminate her so many times. Draw her away from you. She almost drew you away from your task against Savage. "

"I don't deserve to be loved, Sara. I just killed someone and yeah maybe it was self defense, but how long until one person turns into 100. Before I turn into a monster." A past image of Charlotte played before me.

"Its was something I saw during my dreams. It was a memory, actually."

"We took away everything from her past. Her sister, her lover Peter, and her child. Yet, she still chose her own path."

"When I woke up, I was back in my cell. Not only was Peter dead but so was my unborn child. After that, I vowed never to love. Now you know why I cannot love you back."

"Char, we're here to save his family. His wife and son. If we succeeded..

"I know, Sara. I'm not an idiot.

"We are not abandoning you."

"No, you are obeying a direct order from your captain. You too."

"What? No way."

"Charlotte.Go."

Sara's sword went threw Charlotte's side causing her to fall to the ground.

"Every fight that you've had,"

"I'm trying to protect this team!"

"Then act like it!"

"Every injury or abduction has been us trying to get rid of her."

The lasso tightened around Jax and Charlotte and they were pulled off of their horses.

"But no matter what we do, she survives. Your love survives."

Charlotte's nose and ears began to bleed as she used the necklaces to protect Ray. As Ray got hit with the laser, Charlotte began coughing up blood until she passed out.

I quickly pulled my hand out of the Oculus and looked towards him.

"We call her 'The Girl Without Time.'

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Also, I need more people to start writing fanfic about. If there is anyone you can think of, comment their name and what show/movie/ thing they are from.

Love ya😘
Bye.