Jonah Hex

Chapter Song: Mama-Jonas Blue
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

"Remember, we're just here to get the lay of the land." Stein reminded us. "No trouble."

"Sure that'll happen." Sara said sarcastically.

"I need a drink." Mick said before walking over to the bar.

"Wow." Ray looked astonished. "It's a real old-times saloon."

I followed Sara and Kendra to the bar along with Mick. We all ordered a shot. "That taste like gasoline." Kendra complained and set the shot glass down.

"Pretty much." Mick agreed. "Hit me again." Sara and I shrugged and downed the glass. "Time doesn't pass normally in the Vanishing Point. It's been years since I've seen the bottom of a glass."

"Years?" I questioned. "How long were you.."

"Chronos? Never counted. Doesn't matter. Turns out it was just another gig anyway."

"Doesn't seem like it." Sara pointed out. "You're different now."

"Better or worse?"

We both looked at each other and shrugged. "Don't know yet." Sara and I said in sync before we downed another shot.

"You two can handle your liquor. I like that."

Sara scoffed. "I've been on more than a few dates with guys who thought we'd get wasted and they'd get lucky, but somehow they always ended up the ones under the table."

"You haven't drunk with me."

"Is that a challenge Mick?"

Mick nodded to the bartender. "Line 'em up."

I chuckled and watched as they went back and forth. My head snapped towards Snart and Stein as a guy, who had a gun pointed at Stein, was shot by Snart.

"You killed him." Stein pointed out the obvious.

"You're welcome." Snart said sarcastically.

Everyone in the bar either stood up to fight Stein and Snart or left in a hurry, trying not to get caught up in the fight that was about to happen. "Clearly the deceased was a friend of yours," Stein stuttered, "but my friend here.."

"Your friend drew first, for put down." Snart finished. "It was a clean shot."

"Do we look like we care about clean?" One of the guys questioned Snart, getting in his face.

"He has a point." Stein agreed.

The guy punched Snart across the face, ending with Snart punching him back. This started chaos throughout the saloon. Sara and I gave each other a look and downed another shot before joining in. I started fighting a few guys, making sure not to use my magic in public.

Everyone stopped as a gunshot went off from a man in a dark corner of the saloon. "All right!" The man stood up and made his way into the light. "Playtime's over. Anybody's got a problem with that, they answer to me." The man turned his face, showing burns across his cheek and over his mouth a little.

The guys who started the fight quickly left while the team just looked dumbfounded. "Thank you, Mister..." Stein trailed off.

"Hex. Jonah Hex. You're not from around here, are you?"

"No, my friends and I are...from out of town."

The guy nodded before adding, "Way out of town." The guy made this way to the door, signaling for us to follow him which we did. "All right. Why don't you folks tell me where you're really from?"

"I'm not sure that's any of your business, sir." Ray said confidently.

"Let me rephrase that. Tell me when y'all from. You seven stick out like a dog in a manger."

"Like he said," Jax said. "we're not from around here."

Hex started to walk closer to us. "You think you're the first time travelers I've ever come across?"

"Uh, yes." Stein said astonished.

"Where is he? I got some words that need saying."

"Where is who?" I asked.

"Rip Hunter."

Hey guys. Sorry I didn't update yesterday. There was an emergency that I had to take care of. I will update right away. Thanks for reading.

Love ya😘
Bye.