Dreams or Nightmares?

Chapter Song: Hold On- Chord Overstreet
Italics=Charlotte's dream

The young 15 year old girl sat in her cell. The cell she had grown to love for it was the only escape she had. The ESAM wouldn't let up on her or her sister who was only 6 now. Both of them still young, yet they acted old. They both looked tired and lost.

The heavy metal door of her cell opened wide causing her to snap her head to the sound. There stood the head scientist. Nathan McCrowly. Little Amelia in his hands.

"Good Morning, Charlotte. I hope you slept well, it's going to be a long day today." Nathan showed his smile which Charlotte learned quickly to be afraid of. When he had that smile, it meant that he had a plan for the girls.

Cole placed his hand on Nathan shoulder before slipping past him and to the 15 year old. Charlotte loved Cole. She trusted him with all her heart. He was always kind and protective of her and her sister. "Hey, kid." The two chuckled at his nickname for her. "It's time, okay. We're just gonna run some more test on your magic. It's nothing to be afraid of. Whenever you're ready, we'll go."

Charlotte looked from the kind man in front of her to the evil and hated man holding her still sleeping sister to his chest. She nodded and grabbed Cole's hand, allowing him to lead her into a room. They left her alone and placed her sister in the other room, next to Charlotte's. Nothing stood between them but a wall. A clear one-way glass stood between the scientist and Charlotte and her sister.

"Okay, Charlotte." Cole's kind voice came through the microphone. "We put your sister in the room next to yours. Can you feel her? Her presence?" Charlotte nodded. Even though her sister and her have only spent a total of 2 hours together alone since they met when she was a baby, the experiment they used on both of them cause them to be able to feel each other presence and talk to each other using their minds. "Good, can you talk to her?"

Charlotte closed her eyes and concentrated. She started with a hello which her sister returned. Then they talked about random stuff which lead to both of them laughing over something Amelia had said. "Will we ever get out of here?" Amelia asked her sister hopefully. Charlotte was unsure of what to say, instead she closed her eyes and shared her memories with her dear sister. Some where of the outside, some of their parents, others were of Cole and his kindness. These imagines brought comfort to not only Charlotte, but Amelia as well.

"Good, we're gonna try something else." Cole's voice was replaced by the cruel voice of Nathan.

"Nathan, what are you doing?" Cole shouted to the mad scientist. The microphone was still on, allowing both girls to hear and panic.

"We need to try everything!"

Charlotte than began to feel even more fear, but not for herself. For her sister.

"Nathan!"

Charlotte was pushed back by a feeling of a punch to her stomach. However, Charlotte knew it wasn't her, but her sister. Charlotte in that moment felt everything. Her sister's pain, fear, her will to try and fight back only for it to be extinguished by another punch to the stomach.

Charlotte steadied herself on her feet and began pounding on the wall in front of her. She shouted for the man to stop, for her sister to fight back, for someone to do something. Soon enough, the lights began to flicker. There was a scream of pain the other room, but not from Amelia. It was a man's scream. Nathan's. This caused a smile to grow on Charlotte's face. The screams continued, followed by the sound of people banging against the door to get it opened, but it wouldn't open until Charlotte wanted it to. Until she was satisfied with Nathan's pain.

Charlotte felt a liquid run down her nose and onto her lip. She brought her hand up and back, seeing it was blood. At that moment, everything was silent except for the sound of Cole breaking through the door and to the young girl. He took her head in his hands, noticing the blood. Charlotte's breathing quickened until she was crying on the kind scientist's shoulder. The last thing she saw was Nathan, being carried out by a group of scientist. His body, completely burned. His time now limited, before his death.

Italics=Gideon

"What's wrong with her?" Sara questioned as she and Rip rushed the witch into Medbay.

"I don't know, Ms.Lance. Gideon, run a test, see what's wrong and what we can do."

"Right away, Captain."

"What happened? How did this happen?" Jax asked, concerned about the girl who had become his friend.

"I don't know. The guy injected something into her neck. Now she's like this." Rip explained to the group who surrounded her (besides Kendra who was still recovering from Savage).

Charlotte stirred in her sleep and began to cry out for her sister and for the man to stop hurting her. The group looked confused, but were more concerned for her.

"Gideon, give her a sedative."

"I already did, Captain. It appears that whatever she was injected with had caused her to receive dreams of her past. Right now she is dreaming of the time when one of the scientist beat her sister to see if Ms.Thomson would feel it."

The group went silent and looked at the girl with pity. She had been through more than all of them combined. Ray ran his hand through his hair, Stein and Jax gave each other a look, Snart and Mick looked down to the floor, Sara reached for her best friend's hand, and Rip simply closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Clear the room, please. We should let her and Ms. Saunders sleep." Everyone refused to argue with Rip. They all knew that they had a thing for each other, it wasn't that hard to figure out. They agreed and left in a line, some of them patting Rip on the shoulder as they left.

Once the last person had exited and the door closed, Rip allowed his head to fall into his hands and the tears to fall. He took the girl's hand in his and gave it a squeeze, hoping she would return it, which she didn't.

"Please, don't do this, Charlotte. I'm so so sorry for everything that I have done. I promise, to you. If...when you wake up, I will not waste a single moment. I will tell you how much I care for you and how much I need you in my life. When I first recruited all of you, it was to help save my family because I didn't think I could ever find someone to love again. Until I met you. You've opened my eyes to new possibilities, you've changed everything about me in the best way possible. If you don't make it, I don't think I will be able to continue on without you. Even if you hate me for the rest of your life for getting you into this mess, I will still be happy that you are alive. Please, Charlotte. I need you. I...I love you."

By the time his speech to the sleeping girl was done, he was in more tears than he's ever been in, in his entire life.  Even when his wife and son died, his tears were masked by his anger.

"Gideon, keep an eye on her. Let me be the first one to know as soon as anything changes."

"Yes, Captain."

That speech had me in tears. 😢😢. That you guys so much for reading. I hated doing this to my baby, Charlotte but I had to have some sadness in their. I hope it made you have the feels (maybe even cry). Thank you for reading.

Love ya😘
Bye.