Are You Okay?

Chapter Song: Wild Thoughts- DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna, Bryson Tiller
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

My heart was racing as I made my way to my room. I had to talk to past Cole and tell him I was future me and he was abducted to draw me out so I could give the Pilgrim past me. It's all so confusing, I'll doubt he'll get it.

"Cole?" My soft voice made him turn around. "I don't think you know who I am but..."

"Charlotte?" Cole questioned. I nodded with tears in my eyes. "How is this...How are you.."

"I know you have a lot of questions but I can't answer all of them."

"Just answer one question. Are you okay?"

The question took me by shock, but then I remembered that it was Cole. Cole always worried more about me and Amelia then he did about understanding what was going on. I shook my head as tears fell down my cheeks. "No." Cole pulled me into a hug and gently rocked me as I cried into his shoulder. "It's been so hard without you here. There are some moments when i wanted you here, to help me, to guide me. I keep messing up without you here and I fear it's just gonna get worse."

"Hey," Cole whispered as he pulled away from the hug to see my face. He wiped away the tears with his thumb. "I think you're doing pretty darn good by yourself. Listen, Charlotte, I may not know future you but I do know myself, and I know that if I thought you couldn't do it I wouldn't let you. The fact that you're here, you're living your life without me helping you proves that I knew that you could do it."

I nodded and smiled, wiping away the few tears that stained my cheeks. "There's someone else that I think you should see."

Cole nodded and followed me to see Amelia. Now, there's where I'll have to do some explaining.

~🕑~

I sighed walking back into the control room. Cole was sleeping off the amnesia pill I gave him from Rip and Amelia was watching over him. She's missed him so much that she couldn't bare to leave his side.

"How's Cole?" Rip asked leaning against the wall of his office.

"He's okay. I think. I don't really know."

"Are you okay?"

I thought for a moment. "Ask me when this is all over." Rip nodded and walked back into his office, I followed. "And what about you?"

"I'm fine." I nodded.

We both went into an awkward silence. "What is wrong with us?" I shouted out, frustrated.

"What?"

"We just told each other that we loved each other not even a few hours ago and now we're back to where we use to be. Awkward and weird."

"Then what do you propose we do about it?"

"I don't know. Act on it. It's better than just standing here, acting all akw..."

I trailed off as Rip pulled me to his chest and kissed me roughly. I kissed back with just as much passion. Rip tapped on my thighs telling me to jump, which I did, rapping my legs around his waist.

Rip walked until we got to his room, that was behind a wall in his office. I was the only one besides Rip who knew about it which meant we wouldn't be bothered for a while. Rip laid me down on his bed and quickly unbuttoned my button up shirt.

You know what happens next😉

Hey guys. Thank you for reading. I wanted to have that scene because...let's face it, they haven't had sex in forever. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.