Reasons

Chapter Song: Walls Could Talk- Halsey
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

My phone dinged interrupted game night with Cole and Amelia. After Rip dropped us off, I took Amelia home to Cole. I'm not mad at Rip...well, I am but I'm not pissed at him. He was just doing what he thought was right but that doesn't mean it was.

I excused myself and took out my phone to look at the message.

Sara:
Char, you need to get to the docks right away. Ray thinks he has a way to contact Rip.

That was all I needed to grab my stuff, say my goodbyes to Cole and, with a little fighting, Amelia and make my way to the docks.

I arrived at the docks after everyone else did. Stein and Ray were already using the machines they created to contact Rip.

"I don't understand. This should have worked." Ray said as he looked down at his machine.

"Did you account for subspace interference?" Stein questioned.

"It's the first thing I thought of. Did you adjust for temporal polarity?"

"Oh, Raymond, you insult me."

"Can you reach the Waverider or not?" I asked a little rude. Now frustrated with it.

"We're working on it." They both said.

"Actually, guys," Jax interrupted, looking towards the sky. "I think it just worked."

Above us the Waverider swooped down, its engine roaring, and landed gently on the dock. Rip quickly walked out and gave us all a slight glare. "I thought I made my intentions perfectly clear."

"And we wish to be clear about ours." Stein added.

"You're not ditching us again." Jax finished for his other haft. "When the missions over, the we can all go our separate ways."

"And this mission is not over."

"Yeah," Ray agreed. "just curious how much headway you've had tracking Savage without all of us?"

"None." Rip answered too confidently. "But neither have I got myself into bar fights in 1975 and the old west, put dwarf star technology into the hands of terrorists, or for myself turned into a scary bird monster."

"We get your point." Mick interrupted, rolling his eyes. "Now get ours. That ships not taking off without us. You got that?"

Rip didn't say anything. Instead everyone just started heading towards the ship. I walked up to Rip and turned to him. "Charlotte.." I interrupted his apology by slapping him in the face. "What was that for?"

I shrugged. "Just wanted to make sure you're real this time." Rip nodded, but was cut off again by another slap from me.

"And that one?"

"That was for being a bastard and leaving me behind."

I turned back to the crowd who were all looking at us. Some with pity for Rip, other proud of what I did.

I walked next to Sara and we all began walking towards the ship.

"Nice job." Sara complimented me.

"Thanks."

Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading.

Love ya😘
Bye.