Town of Salvation

Chapter Song: Strangers-Halsey
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

"Since I failed to bring you in, the Time Master's want to bring me in, and this time they're not gonna take any chances." Mick explained to the team. "They're called the Hunters, mercenaries, and unlike me there isn't a human part left in them."

"So they want to lock us all up in the Vanishing Point?" Ray asked.

"The Hunters do one thing: kill. Whenever, wherever and they'll stop at nothing till every single one of us is erased from the face of history."

Mick attempted to walk away but Rip stopped him. "Do you have any suggestions as to how we might outsmart them, Mr. Rory?"

"Run."

~🕑~

Rip jumped out of his seat as he landed the ship. "Aah! It's been quite a while since I time-jumped far enough to experience side effects." Rip grabbed his hand with his other one as it began to shake. "Fond memories."

"I can't feel my face." Jax said in a weird voice touching his face.

"Fine feel I." Snart added.

"Linguistic dysphasia." Rip explained. "That should pass shortly."

"Better it now."

"Am the only one who can't feel their face?"

"I can't feel my.." Ray looked down before covering his crotch with his hands. "I better not say."

"Mr. Rory and Miss. Thomson appear unaffected." Stein said, noticing that Mick and I weren't reacting.

"What's going on?" Mick questioned. "We time-jumped?"

I patted him on the shoulder. "Yes. We time-jumped. The question is why am I not affected?"

"Could be with your powers." Rip tried to make an explanation but based on past conversations I knew he had no idea why I wasn't affected.

"Where are we now?" Sara asked.

"The town of Salvation, the Dakota territory, 1871."

"I can't believe it." Ray fan girled.  "The Old West."

"This isn't gonna work." Mick said bluntly.

"It'll buy us time." Rip emphasized. "We can hide out here while the Hunters search the other Fragmentations."

"What if they decided to check this place first?"

Rip shrugged his shoulders while Kendra just gave them a confused look. "You know, feel free to loop us in whenever it's convenient."

"As you've seen," Rip began. "time doesn't operate as is generally thought. It wants to happen. It takes time to harden. The timeline is unclear on occasion, constantly in flux."

"Hence the difficultly in locating Savage throughout history."

"Indeed." Rip agreed with Stein "and one of the other interesting notions of time travel is the existence of Fragmentations."

"Temporal blind spots," Mick continued. "Specific places and times the Time Masters can't see."

"The town of Salvation and its surroundings environs are located within one of those Fragmentations."

"So, basically, we're hiding out in the Old West and hoping your boogeymen don't find us here." Snart put together.

"The Hunters are not boogeymen." Mick said. "And you better hope they don't find us."

"Well," Ray looked on the bright side. "at least not until I get a chance to 'punch a few doggies' or 'bust a bronco' or two." We all gave Ray a confused look. "Not that I confine animal cruelty. It's just that I watched a lost of Westerns as a kid."

"Alas, you'll have to enjoy the Old West from in here, I'm afraid."

"Oh, come on." Sara wined at Rip's request. "What's the harm in us just taking a look around?"

"Have you met out group?" I questioned her. "Looking around is gonna turn into something horrible."

Ray sighed. "If I'm in the Old West and I don't get to look around, I'm going to kick myself."

Snart raised his hand. "I could help with that."

Hey guys. Thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.