I Guess You Don't Know Any Better

Chapter Song: Zipper-Jason Derulo
Italics=Gideon
Bold=Latin
Charlotte's POV

"Are you sure this will work?" Stein asked once again, making me roll my eyes.

"Yes, I'm sure. It's simple. I use my magic to find Jax and we go get him. All I need you to do, is hold my hand."

"Why?"

"I can focus more if I have something or someone who has a connection with them."

Rip brought in a map of the small city and placed it on a table. I made sure that I had everything while he did. Stein? Check. Matches? Check. Map? Check.

"Are you sure about this?" Rip asked this time.

I groaned in response and prepared myself for the spell. I opened my hand out for Stein to grab, which he did reluctantly. I took a deep breath as focused my mind.

"Is it working?" Stein's question broke my concentration.

"It will be as soon as you stop talking."

"Right. Okay. Sorry." I glared at him. "Sorry...again. I'm just gonna stop talking."

"Good idea." I closed my eyes and took another deep breath. "In darkness or light, through magic so bright, find the lost person, who's gone in the night." As the last words left my mouth, I lite a match and dropped it onto the map. Not opening my eyes until I felt the heat disappear completely. By the time the spell had worked, everyone was gathered around. I pulled the last piece of the map that wasn't burned, meaning that Jax was there.

"The asylum?" Stein question, looking over my shoulder. "Why would he be there?"

~🕑~

Rip, Ray, and I quickly moved down the hallways looking for Jax until we got stopped by the Sheriff. "Well, well. Two FBI agents moonlighting at the loony bin. I'm afraid y'all have some explaining to do down at the station."

The Sheriff motioned for us to start walking while he followed. We only stopped when he was attacked by this bird like creature. Rip didn't hesitate and shot the creature in the shoulder. "We'll deal with this." Rip motioned between him and I. "You go find Kendra."

Rip and I began walking towards the front of the hospital, trying to get back to the Waverider. We heard a yell from one of the bird like creatures and hid behind a wall. Rip stood right in front of me while my back was pressed against the wall. "If I didn't know any better, I would say that you sent Ray to get Kendra just so we could end up like this."

"Well then, I guess you don't know any better." Rip chuckled before placing a quick kiss on my lips.

Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed. I just had to get that cute moment in there. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.