Monsters Love Too

Chapter Song: At My Best- Machine Gun Kelly ft. Hailee Steinfeld
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

I sat in the med bay while Gideon fixed up my arm and my neck. It was taking a lot longer than I had hoped. It gave me time to think which, in my case, is a bad thing. I thought about the eyes of the man I killed. How he looked at me right before they went blank.

"Charlotte," Rip startled me back to reality. "How are you doing?"

"Besides the hole in my shoulder and the fact that my throat was almost slit open, I'm just peachy." Rip chuckled a bit while my smile dropped and my eyes fixed back on the wall in front of me.

"What's wrong?"

"What?"

"What's wrong? You don't look like your doing just fine, and I know it's not your shoulder or your neck considering Gideon subscribed you with a pain killer, so what is it?"

"I...I killed someone."

Rip titled his head a little and walked closer to me. "Charlotte, it's not your fault. If you didn't do that, he would have killed you."

"Then why do I feel so guilty?" I felt a tear roll down my cheek, no matter how hard I tired to hold it in.

Rip slowly brought his hand to my face and wiped away the tear. "Because, you're human. You're innocent and pure and just because you've done this one thing does not mean that you're not anymore." I looked back to him only to have him pull his hand away which had been sitting on my cheek the entire time. "As soon as you're done here, we should be in our next location. So, just, meet me...us in the main room."

With that Rip was replaced by Sara who had walked in right as Rip walked out.

"You heard all that, didn't you?" My eyes went to Sara on the last few words.

"Yeah." She sighed and walked closer to me before sitting down on the edge on the chair. "He likes you."

"To be honest, I don't think he likes any of us. Tolerates us, yeah."

"No," Sara chuckled. "I mean, he's like...in love with you."

"What?" I was one laughing this time. I quickly sat up causing me to wince because my shoulder wasn't fully healed. "No. No way."

"Come on Char, the way he looks at you, the moments you two have, he's totally into you."

"I don't deserve to be loved, Sara. I just killed someone and yeah maybe it was self defense, but how long until one person turns into 100. Before I turn into a monster."

Sara sighed and thought for a moment. "Speaking from experience, monsters love too."

~🕑~

"People actually wore this crap?" Jax questioned about the outfits in the '70s. Stein wore his usual turtleneck with a jacket; Jax wore a button down shirt with circle patterns all over it;  Sara and I matched with white boots, a white fur coat, but her dress was orange and mine was a red.

"People smoked a lot of pot in the '70s." Stein stated as an excuse. "It clearly had a deleterious effect on the fashion of the era."

"Let's just hurry up and get that particle tracker so Char and I can get the hell out of these boots."

"Agreed." I commented on Sara's statement.

"Remember, when we meet my former self, it is imperative that we don't let in we're from the future, so let's just be...cool." Stein walked in front of us a little ways before stopping completely. "Oh my god. Look." Stein pointed to a guy in his 20s with brown hair and, I'm not gonna lie, a nice looking face. "I'd forgotten how handsome I was. My hair, it's so thick and silky."

Young Stein walked over to us and stopped at older Stein. "Do I know you?"

"No. No. I'm Professor Musk. Elon Musk and these are my three lab assistants." Jax and I waved while Sara gave him a little peace sign. Young Stein looked from Jax to Sara to me.

"I'm Marty. Are you sure we haven't met before?"

"Uh, that's a very interesting question. Um, suffice it to say, I am familiar with your work.

"That's actually why we're here. To see you." Jax added on. "You're a leading expert in Alpha Particles?"

Young Stein laughed a little and turned his attention from Jax to me. "No, I'm the leading expert."

I could tell that young Stein was trying to flirt with me and so could Sara. She gave me a little nudge and titled her head to him. I looked back over to young Stein and gave him a little flirty smile. "Well, we were hoping to pick your brain about your area of expertise."

"Physics? Which are you interested in, applied or theoretical?"

"That is just the thing. I can't decide. I love them both." I stepped a little forward so I was closer to young Stein.

"Cool. Well, let's go spark a doobie and rap about physics."

"Lead the way Marty."

Young Stein nodded his head towards the direction behind him and allowed me to take his arm. Jax, Stein, and Sara stayed a little behind. Jax was laughing, Stein looked a little ashamed, and Sara just gave me a thumbs up.

Hey guys, tbh I was laughing during this last part of the chapter. Young Stein is such a flirt. 😂😂. Anyways thanks for reading.

Love ya😘
Bye.