Whatever Happens, Is Meant To Happen

Chapter Song: Beating Heart-Ellie Goulding
Italics=Gideon
Charlotte's POV

"Is the Acheron's jump ship still operational?" Rip asked Captain Baxter as we made our way down the hallway. Thanks to Stein, we were freed from the cell a few minutes ago, but not before Mick betrayed us.

"Yes."

"Alright, go to it and get off the Acheron. I have some unfinished business with Mr.Valor."

"I'm not leaving my ship."

"And we're not leaving you." I added. "So, what's the plan, Captain?"

Rip sighed but decided not to argue. "Valor and his men substantially outnumber us. We're not going to be able to defeat them by conventional means."

~🕑~

Rip went to Valor while the rest of us lead the time pirates into a hallway. We waited for Rip's cue for the plan but it never came. Unfortunately, the pirates did.

We all grabbed a hold of the bars next to us and waited. The doors outside opened and most of the time pirates were floated out. One grabbed onto the crate next to Stein and Jax, which I used my magic to knock him off balance and outside the ship. After all of them were gone, the doors closed.

~🕑~

We all made it back on to the ship. Ray and Kendra were talking, Snart was dealing with Mick, Sara, Jax, and Stein were nowhere to be found. Rip stayed in his office, pacing back  and forth as he was thinking.

I walked in quietly and slowly knocked on the door. "Ah, Charlotte, what can I do for you?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to see if you were okay."

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know. I'm just checking."

Rip nodded and went back to work. I decided hat I should probably leave him alone with his work. "Charlotte?" I hummed in response. "Sara talked to me about...us."

"What did she say?"

"She's just worried about you and doesn't want you to get hurt, but I wanted you to know that...I would never, ever hurt you."

"What about when we save your wife and son? What then?" Rip looked down at the floor. "It was stupid of me to do what I did. Kiss you when I did. It should have never happened."

Rip grabbed my wrist before I could leave. "I'm glad that it happened."

"Rip, it won't end well. If we just stop now while we can..."

Rip pulled me close to his chest and brought his lips to mine. One of his hands gripped the back of my neck making sure I wouldn't pull away, even though I had not intentions of doing it. "We still haven't saved them and we may not save them. Let's just be together while we can and whatever happens, is meant to happen."

I couldn't think of anything to say, neither could he so we just kissed once again. The kiss got more rough as time went on and soon enough...well, you know what happens😉.

Wow. That got intense. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I had this project for school, but I presented it yesterday, so I am done. Yay! Thanks for reading and I hope you guys have a wonderful Memorial Day.

Love ya😘
Bye.