Chapter 23

"He just told you he liked someone else? Just like that?"

Zayn nodded sadly, at his friend, Hayley. He was sitting with her outside the Great Hall. They had been friends for years-their parents had even attended Hogwarts together. Hayley was one of the few people who Zayn could really be himself around.

"Well, that's okay, Zayn." She looked at him with a smile. "It will only hurt for a little while."

Zayn sighed and looked away. He didn't understand. Louis had kissed him back, they were snogging for quite some time. And then Louis just ran out, telling him he was in love with someone else.  "Anyways...how's it going with, er, what's his name?" he turned towards her, trying to seem cheerful.

"Harry Styles?" Hayley pushed her red-wavy hair out of her face. "Well...I don't know."

"Well, if things don't work out with him...you can always get with me."

"Come on, Zayn." Hayley gave him a friendly nudge. "You know I don't go both ways like you."

Zayn laughed back. "I just can't believe you're actually going through with it." The other day Hayley had told him how she had the biggest crush, on a pretty Gryffindor named Dianna. He had asked her how she planned on getting with her. But Hayley didn't know, and just told him she was just going to play along with her, becoming good friends. And she did. But being close to Dianna meant doing things that Dianna did. And that meant shagging the Slytherin boys.

"What do you think Harry is going to say when he finds out you're just using him?"

Hayley just shrugged. "If he finds out. Which I doubt it." With that she stood up and made her way into the Great Hall, joining her friends.

Zayn slouched against the wall. If only Louis would talk to him. He had planned to talk to Louis in Divination, but Louis hadn't shown up to the class. He hadn't even seen Louis all day. If only he could just talk to him. Zayn had really like that kissed. Ever since then, it was all he thought about. He needed Louis.